Quantcast

Props to the LBS.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
So I posted something not long ago about how a local shop quoted me at $200 for a bearing overhaul on my beloved bullit, and that I was pissed about it. I posted something similar on a local board, and somehow it got back to the owner, who called me personally and was like "They quoted you wrong. It was only $70"
I was glad the guy called and I went ahead and ordered the stuff from them and am going to have them do the job for me. The internet is pretty great. Its amazing that one bad message about his shop can spread so quickly through a community, and that the owner himself called to set it straight.

J

JRB

Great - he got called out for his folks raping someone and now he is a hero. :rolleyes:

What are they doing for $70???

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
loco said:
Great - he got called out for his folks raping someone and now he is a hero. :rolleyes:

Still raping BS, but he won't pay a lot for a raping.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:

I have a pretty go Bullsh** detector, and I dont think that's the case from talking with the guy. For $70 they are pulling/pressing the bearings, and that includes labor. Not horrible...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
fiddy_ryder said:
$70 including parts? the kit is like 25 from SC.. why not just get replacement bearings from a bearinch shop and do it your self?
because I want to establish a report with an LBS.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
I have a pretty go Bullsh** detector, and I dont think that's the case from talking with the guy. For $70 they are pulling/pressing the bearings, and that includes labor. Not horrible...
OK - this is the frame pivot you are talking about. I read BB bearings for some reason. That's somewhat reasonable.

Did he have a pretty good explanation of why they quoted you $200, and why he had to read about it on the Internet to make it right??? Not saying he's not sincere, but it's odd. Good on him for making it right though.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
stinkyboy said:
What about BK employees?
BK already has fair pricing, as I said. I need an LBS to help out when I need a rush job with something, or other situations.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
For a Bullit that is a super easy job. Take off the rear swingarm, pop the bearings out, pop the new ones in, and you are good. Though I do understand your wanting to establish a relationship.