Quantcast

Pros wearing body armor

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Rockland said:
:D All disputes will be settled by combat in a metal dome. Two men enter one man leaves.

actually i like this version better

One Woman and One men enter and they never ever leave.

far more fun and also much safer

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
In my experience, if it's enough to hurt you with armor on, it's enough to move the armor out of the way when you crash.
Only crappy or poorly fitted armor does that. I upgraded from 661 race lite knee/shins to roach rally dhs after a bad crash that cut my knee open right across the kneecap where I really should have been covered. The new pad is not only much larger with more coverage, but it also stays where it needs to be even in big crashes. get some new stuff if the armor you have doesn't protect you, dont complain that armor in general does nothing.

I have had a number of serious rag doll/super man crashes (into rocks, trees, dirt, piles of logs etc) with and without armor, and I can tell you that the armor saved my ass. It really does work as evidenced by the deep gouges in the hard plastic and the minor bruises that should have been season ending fractures.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Russet I think if your so fricking bullit proof you should go out and bang a skanky Ho and see if you get some thing ( no jimmy wrap tough guy`s ) Ok enough back in my day BMX we never wore a helmet or pads I know now that I`am n old fart I wear hockey elbo pads and dainese knee shin cause I just don`t heal as fast as how much I fall :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :mumble: :mumble:

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Only fashion and stupidity, can explain why someone would prefer to risk exploding his elbow on a rock instead of minimizing that risk.

Fashion also explains why they wear full-face helmets as only protection...a pretty face is more fashionable than a messed up one. Doing urban gnarlyness such as drops-to-flat helmetless is also a great way to score fashion points btw!

:rolleyes:

As far a pros are concerned, when thing get more serious most of them tends to wear an armor. For example, at the Mont-Sainte-Anne WC last year, the pros were "dressed" much more than what we usually see in the pics on the internet.