Quantcast

Protein while riding

For longer rides, anything over an hour, I use 50% Gatorade, 50% aitch-to-owe in my hydration pack; this came from direct experience with a bonk or two.

Recently, I read a pitch in one of the bike mags that 10% protein in the drink was a good thing to help endurance. They mentioned Revenge Pro, which I chased down, but it seems wicked overpriced ($1.80 per serving of unspecified size) for what it actually delivers, as are most of the food-from-the-chemical-factory-teat products.

What's an actual food product that I could mix in with the Gatorade to get the protein, and how can I quantitatively determine the protein content?

J

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Interesting. I do the same Gato-water mix come the really hot rides, but I'm not too sure about mixing in the protein. You might try making up a seperate waterbottle of the protein mix for the mid-way point of your ride...?

We use "Whey-to-Go" at home, its organic, and pretty easy to digest...but I'm not sure how it would taste warm:eek: .

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by johnbryanpeters
What's an actual food product that I could mix in with the Gatorade to get the protein, and how can I quantitatively determine the protein content?

J
Beef jerkey powder.

:monkey: