Quantcast

Prototype ISO Tuned Boxxer WC Works

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Amazing work! I bet it rides really well with those custom stickers!

ie... any other useful info? I could send you a photo of my custom tuned RC4 too, but it's not exactly useful to see from the outside :)

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
This is what he said about the fork:

really can't elaborate on details since it's still a proto but it's lighter than a WC and smooth as butter.. Be available soon enough through ISO though and possibly eventually through RockShox as well.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Why would he want his boxxer to be lighter? Thats the last thing I want to change on that fork ;)

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
What's the service interval?
Looks like standard seals.
Good to see another internals offer, not sure why you'd pick the Boxxer chassis over a 888, especially if you have some funky air spring in it.
Polished lowers look cool.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Good to see another internals offer, not sure why you'd pick the Boxxer chassis over a 888, especially if you have some funky air spring in it.
More people own boxxers, easier to get them cheap.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Its smooth for a boxxer, as far as I understood there were no internal changes IE parts swapping maybe shims etc possibly a bleed hole but same boxxer internals. Theres something coming via the axle thats being looked into... I will give drake credit it did feel good, and the polish job was clean....

This is NOT a cart like avalanche, elka, boss, cr1...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
So its a tune like push? Please explain.
From what I gathered yes and no. Seems there some slight modifications to it and a part that's going to reduce weight a smidge . For a tune it felt good I didn't get to ride it down because cameron is 150-160 lbs and with a rear air shock and it dialed for his weight the rear shock would have had an issue... did pop around and chris rode it around a little...

Ill see if I can clarify a little more In a bit....

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
i dig the polish job.

hard to knock the avy option...the one thing I want the most for my boxxer is less service.
Its not on par with the avy cart. It feels good but not on the same page.... it will require maintenance and it still lacks mid speed shims as well as hydraulic bottom out unless the added it which I don't believ to be the case....

Don't know tons about it but I do know the polish job is all marred up cameronwent over the bars in the rocks.....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah...I have to see how my budget/bonus/tax refund goes this year and whether I'll have any cash to throw at my bike. I need to have my rear shock tuned and would love an avy cart to go with...the boxxer is pretty decent; I like the chassis but I'm not in love with the damping or seals...guess I'll deal.

Sinner

Chimp
Feb 18, 2010
What's up guys....

I'm the guy who got to race the ISO works fork last weekend at Fontana. I was super stoked to take it for a spin, unfortunatly I only had for the day since it has already sold. None the less I was very impressed with it's performance and have one on order...

I ride a 2010 Boxxer WC with the full Avy upgrades and will admit that this fork feels just as good if not better out of the box. I spent saturday practicing on my fork and then rode the ISO fork for the race so I got to ride them back to back. My race run went to **** with the wind, but there's no doubt that fork felt faster and insprired confidence where my fork didn't.

Here's the basic info on the ISO Works fork(s):
Chassis: Boxxer, 40, or 888
Hardware: Ti
Internals: Stock Dampers, modified, custom tuned per order.
Tuning: ISO-Stage 3
Color options: Polished, or powder coated upper/lower crowns and lower legs.
Decals: Custom ISO, Black, White, or Blue
Service: 2 years service included with purchase.
Warranty: Full manufactures warranty applies.
Cost: All this for about the retail cost of the stock untuned fork...

Full Resolution Album: http://photos.six3events.com/Bikes/Elsworth-Dare-ISO-Tuned/

The rider... Sinner

The Man Himself... Drake

Last edited:

Sinner

Chimp
Feb 18, 2010
so its just a re-shim and a shine job?
...in addtion to the custom tunning and internal mods you also get: Ti hardeware, choice of color or polished chassis, a full factory warranty, and 2 years service/tunning all for about the retail cost of the fork. Being a Dh racer, the free service alone sold me on this fork.

Some people will opt for an off the shelf Works fork like what ISO is offereing for slightly more than the retail cost...and some will pay retail, and then upwards of $300-500 to tune it and still end up with a fork that looks just like every other stock fork out there.

Also if you're local to So cal you can arrange to demo the fork and try it out before you buy...:thumb:

Last edited: