Quantcast

prototype koxx...

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
Changleen said:
Very nice! (Except for the fluro colour on the rims, which isn't part of the bike I guess...)
actually, it spontaneously cranks in 8 places if you take the flouro rims off.

I think its pretty damned ugly, (as are the rest of koxx's new *bright* line up), but Vincent can make any bike look good.

cant complain about dual disk, either.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
well from what i have heard this thing has reached production as a limited replica bike (hence the coloring). its pretty much a XTP all done up w/disc.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
rear disc isn't bad i guess. I personally like my vee's but that's my opinion. Joel will tell you otherwise though. It's all personal prefrence. I have never been overly pleased with hs33's. I have ridden a dual disc bike w/ 8" bb7's and it was pretty cool. Other than the flex of everything with running a rear disc, it was nice. You can modulate so much more, and yet it will still lock up like crazy. You do need a strong, well built frame for it though!

p.s. I think that koxx is ugly and they're all overpriced... but that's my opinion

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yes they are bright colors, so i'm assuming it was intended to stand out (which it does very well). i like the mount position and style of the rear disc, but personally i will always use rim brakes. they give a better feel and allow for more minute wheel adjustments.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
the bright colors are so they will glow when doing demo's with black lights. They also have a vracing frame that vince is riding that's all neon yellow.

Dual disc definitly has it's advantages, but not nearly enough to get me away from my avid's.