Quantcast

Prototype RS Lyrik RC2 DH leaked

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
gotta say the all black look, (black stanchions and lowers) looks kinda cheap to me (not saying it is cheap) but i'm not a huge fan of that fork aesthetically....who needs a 200mm single crown fork, and if you say steering you better be riding the tightest most hairpin trails because no one turns their front wheel THAT much

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
its more fun to make assumptions and sweeping generalizations....geeze where were you when they handed out forum etiquette lol jk....

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
That much leverage is going to start snapping stuff.... Not a good idea I think 180mm SC is a good stopping point then jump to dual crown for support...
Yeah but for the Bikes-as-Jewelry crowd, that's not an issue. The only threat of fork snapping those dudes hand out is when they drive into the garage with the bike on the roof rack.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
It's not 200mm travel. Just look at the shadow, it's clearly a 140mm. Besides, i spraypainted my stanctions black after the Maribor WC, old news.

OK really though, i love my Lyric 170 DH and have been tempted by Kashima...I want slippery tubes!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Why does the arch say RC2? If i were playing a hoax i'd at least make the stanctions GOLD!
All of the new RS stuff has RC2 in the name. A bunch of the new forks and shox are up on the QBP site. The Boxxer race is now the Boxxer RC2, the vivid 5.1 is the vivid RC2, the air is called the Vivid Air RC2 and so on...

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
RC2 is not "stuff" it's an abbreviation. It means 1 rebound adjustment and 2 compression adjustments.....if the damper had two rebound adjustments and 1 compression adjustment they would call it R2C.....get it?
So the Vivid 5.1 should be Vivid R2C then..or CR2? Doesn't the Vivid 5.1 have 2 rebound and one compression adjustment?

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
I think it's gr8 , that You can choose from so many options . Now You can't say (or rather whine) "too bad that lyrik has no XXX feature (let's say) like a totem fork ". Now You can buy whatever you need/want .