Quantcast

Prototype Specialized DH Bike

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Nope, it's obvious from that top picture it's a 650b or 29er rear and 26 front. Don't forget that Specialized brainstormed the BigHIt with the 24 rear. That bike was for hucking to flat; this is a race bike so you have to do the opposite.
As far as I was aware, the Big Hit being 24 inch rear was Specialized's attempt to bring the wheelbase back in check and a budget DH bike. At that time Specializeds were lllloooonnnngggg - have a look at an FSR DH

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
E-pros confirm its a RM proto. Theyve been doing a tweaked 4-bar design in their trail/xc/am line. Not surprised theyre using it on this one.

Rigger

Chimp
Jul 29, 2004
NV
Ken is Rockys Product Manager. Looks like Rocky is taking a page out of Specialized marketing but it sure looks like an Aurum. Apparently DU bushings throughout. :rofl:

Last edited:

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
Ken is Rockys Product Manager. Looks like Rocky is taking a page out of Specialized marketing but it sure looks like an Aurum. Apparently DU bushings throughout. :rofl:
That looks nothing like a Aurum??? It looks like a cross between a Legend and the new Operator.

dhbrigade

Chimp
Feb 21, 2006
Really like the bearings around the bottom bracket. Should be very stiff. Interested if the linkage keeps the pedal kickback low.

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
Yeah, the machine work around the BB looks more like a Sunday, but I stand by the Operator similarities. Looks light and I like it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Did anyone else notice it has two wheels?, just like the Turner DHR!

Last edited: