Quantcast

PS2 or XBox?

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
being the sad person i am i actually have both consoles, i actually prefer my xbox, if the game is avalible for both i'll get the xbox version, but if its a ps2 only title i get that.
i dont dislike the ps2, well actually i hate the DVD player but thats not a big thing.

i cant wait for GT4, NFS U2, juiced and san andreas to be released.

oh yeah and GTA san andreas will be released on xbox, but it wont be at the same time as the ps2, more likely to be closer to Xmas or early 05.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've got a PS2 and my roommate has an Xbox.

Graphics-wise, the Xbox wins. Hands down. There are some really beautiful games available for the Xbox.

However, by and large I find that the PS2 games have far better gameplay, there are more games available, and the controller for the PS2 is simply (IMHO) the best controller on the market. Good layout, good size, good feel.. I hate the stock Xbox controllers. Hate hate hate hate.

The Xbox DVD player is superior, but I use a real DVD player to play my DVDs, so it doesn't matter to me.

I vote for the PS2 :thumb:

Incidentally, I really don't like Halo. But a lot of people are addicted to it, so you may want to try it before making your purchasing decision - sometimes a system is worth it just for one game.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Brian HCM#1 said:
PS2, however I like them because my sister-in-law is VP of permotions for Sony PS. So I've never had to buy a game or the unit:thumb:
buddy, pal...how you doing? how are the kids? have you lost weight? that shirt is ravishing on you. by the way, could you hook me up?

:p

Skookum, i'm happy with my bikes now. i just need to get a hub and some spokes to be set. then it's a waiting game for the DOC.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Get a PS2, buy Downhill Domination. I don't care if it's not realistic at all, it was fun, and made me want one...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
got the PS2...Best Buy didn't have Downhill Domination. disappointed, i picked up SSX3. damn i missed having a video game system.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
the Inbred said:
got the PS2...Best Buy didn't have Downhill Domination. disappointed, i picked up SSX3. damn i missed having a video game system.
SSX3 is awesome! Get Downhill Domination when you can... If you like very cartoon-y video games, pick up Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando - very fun game. Lots of replay value.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
My brother had the PS2, and after I bought my Xbox, he sold his PS2 and bought an Xbox. The graphics are better, plus I play Xbox Live more than anything. PS2's version sucks. Just like GTA, if there is a demand, Xbox will make it look better and add it to the line up. As far as PS2 having more games...I like quality over quantity.

Take it back and get an Xbox. You won't regret it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Everyone raves about Xbox graphics.. rightfully so.

But I prefer great gameplay over great graphics, and I feel that the PS2 offers that in spades, generally moreso than the Xbox.

Plus the great controller ;) - yesss.. my preciousss...

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Also have both, and both collect an equal amount of dust... but on the rare occasion I turn one on, it's usually the X-Box to play Project Gotham Racing.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
binary visions said:
Everyone raves about Xbox graphics.. rightfully so.

But I prefer great gameplay over great graphics, and I feel that the PS2 offers that in spades, generally moreso than the Xbox.

Plus the great controller ;) - yesss.. my preciousss...
As far as game play goes, I haven't played a game that I had trouble with. So I can't agree with you there. Maybe it's the types of games I play compared to you, I don't know. Now the original controllers that came with the Xbox were huge. When I played for the first time, it was on a friends xbox. I felt like I had a dinner plate in my hand. My Xbox came with the S controllers which are much smaller. I have no trouble with those. Come to think of it, I really didn't have trouble with the others...I just didn't like the size. Anyway...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
XBox for the graphics
PS2 for game availability

PC kicks the crap out of both hands down. Not only do you get like every game ever made, but you don't have a low-res TV making things look crappy.