Quantcast

PSA: Enve wheels on S&C

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
so you can upgrade from subpar to mediocre?
Yeah, pretty much.

Honestly though, I've got 72 point hubs (King and Hadley) and a couple pairs of 36pt DTs, and up above 36 you're really getting into diminishing returns anyway. The 18 points are a pain in the ass sometimes, but I really don't give a shit once you're at at least 36.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yeah, pretty much.

Honestly though, I've got 72 point hubs (King and Hadley) and a couple pairs of 36pt DTs, and up above 36 you're really getting into diminishing returns anyway. The 18 points are a pain in the ass sometimes, but I really don't give a shit once you're at at least 36.
I can't ever tell one hub to the other with regards to POE. :(

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Not a bad price for Envy wheels I suppose, pricing it out, it's 'meh for crabon, not particularly great, not horrible. Similar to the 29er wheels I just built up a few months back, reusing my 29er 30mm crabon rims. I will say the DT hubs roll amazingly smooth.

They do say that Envy uses a "special bladder", this as opposed to a "regular bladder" I guess.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, pretty much.

now that we're in a world where cassettes go up to 50teeth, i wonder how noticeable the difference is in those walking gears