Quantcast

PSA: In Stock / On Sale

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Without the image you also just described a shim stack. The only real difference is that shims make it easier to tune the spring rate and progression. "Poppet valve" suspension manufacturers rarely offer different spring rates so you are stuck with adjusting preload.

Shim stacks are much lighter so should react faster. This could make a difference for high frequency chatter but no idea how that relates to bikes. I did talk to a guy who tuned race cars and he explained how a straight shim stack could give the same dyno results as a tapered one, but on the track the tapered one had better cornering traction. I assumed it was the lighter stack being able to react quicker. If you can think of things in the frequency domain, less phase shift.
Ya, I thought that was pretty generic so added the pic. That was easier than trying to describe it more fully. Words are really not my friend anymore as it is getting tougher and tougher to write something legible. Regarding springs on poppet valves - I understand that CC has different springs for tuning the double barrels, but they are not readily available. Had a discussion with S4 last year regarding this when they updated and rebuilt the CCDB on the dh bike. No idea if Fox offered any different spring rates for the old DHX2.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ya, I thought that was pretty generic so added the pic. That was easier than trying to describe it more fully. Words are really not my friend anymore as it is getting tougher and tougher to write something legible. Regarding springs on poppet valves - I understand that CC has different springs for tuning the double barrels, but they are not readily available. Had a discussion with S4 last year regarding this when they updated and rebuilt the CCDB on the dh bike. No idea if Fox offered any different spring rates for the old DHX2.

Just seems like there are a lot of people who will run screaming from a poppet valve directly into the arms of a preloaded shim stack thinking they are landing on a vastly superior architecture.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Half price Mondraker Foxy for the Aussies-

Sight frames are still on sale too-

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
It's not really a sale, but it everything ended up being less than half price compared to buying in Canada:
-DT 350 15x110 front hub
-DT 350 12x197 rear hub
-two DT E 532 29" rims
-Pack of 300 45NRTH concave studs
-Ohlins RXF36 service kit
All for 650$cdn all included from Bike24.

To put that into perspective, the DT 350 12x197 hub itself retails for 580$cdn + tax here. Germans are the only way that I could afford nice parts nowadays!

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Sight frames are still on sale too-
I wish Jonny had some Optic frames. My smuggler is haggard now and needs a new shock anyway.

Also, Pushys had TLD A2 helmets for $130 AUD at the moment which isn't bad for Oz.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Thanks for the heads up. Have not run Magura since Louise BAT days.
I have been finding this with the German stores, more and more things are unavailable to ship. The mfg/dist cartel is working hard to retain their huge north american profits. I only order one or two times a year now and do a price and shipping total compare between multiple stores. Shipping has gotten stupid as well. It was always a bit steep, but now, damn. Getting harder and harder to justify when all the little add-ons to make shipping worthwhile are no longer available. As long as they don't do stupid things with tires...
it's a good thing I don't ride enough to wear out parts anymore... :disgust:

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Just seems like there are a lot of people who will run screaming from a poppet valve directly into the arms of a preloaded shim stack thinking they are landing on a vastly superior architecture.
But in most of the cases, it is quite easy to remove the preload from the shim stack.
Either remove the ring shim, change the spacing, install a flat piston, etc.

You can't de-spring the poppet and spring options are rarely ever available.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
20% off We Are One Wheelsets-

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
A big boy light on sale, 260USD for 6000 measured Lumen output isn't too bad and it has a 72 Watt hour battery.
I'm sure you can get a 60000000 Lumen one for less on Aligarbage.
1711801254338.png

And it's called the "Canopus".

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
That light looks sick. I’m not afraid to charge any of my usb-c alibay lights in the house, but they don’t even hold a candle to that thing for output, none of them do. I’d buy more of the niterider lights like my wife has since they’re much brighter but not until they switch to usb-c charging.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
That light looks sick. I’m not afraid to charge any of my usb-c alibay lights in the house, but they don’t even hold a candle to that thing for output, none of them do. I’d buy more of the niterider lights like my wife has since they’re much brighter but not until they switch to usb-c charging.
I have a Niterider light and it's okay but their newer all in one types seem pretty shit. They are massive in size and have 45min runtime at full output.
The Niterider I would like is down to $130 USD but our dollar is in the toilet, so with postage it's still pretty pricey.

I might just get one of these while they are on special. Looks like it shouldn't annoy walkers to much.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Raaw Jibb frame with 50% discount. There are discounted frames with shock as well

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
The description says playful, the tanker truck chainstay lengths showed that was a lie.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Hadley Boost rear hubs for $335-
$20 more than a Novatec Premium.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Do you have to run the cables externally if you don’t use their headset or are there cable ports for people who don’t want to run through the headset cables?

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I do still have mine. Mines the last version which I think these are? No flip chip for head angle change and shitty frame cable routing. Which is fixable though. No headset cable routing on the the last version either. Not sure about the 200x57 shock. I’ve been running a stock length Marzocchi coil on mine. Love it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think those are one revision behind, so probably not missing out on anything significant, it looks like the same frame?

The newest carbon Tyee frames don't have holes for "regular" internal cabling - its headset routing or stickon cable mounts only. Which is silly, as the aluminum frames still have regular old internal routing.

::edit:; ah it says it right in the title. Sale is for version 5, current version is 6. :rockout:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
For all things Sapim, this site seems pretty cheap-
Have gone CX-Ray for the fronts and CX-Sprints for the rear, probably a stupid idea on a hardtail.