Quantcast

PSA: In Stock / On Sale

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Universal has some Sram chains, as well as that PYC option.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
if you wanna pay a premium over rsp than there are usually some brand new ones offered over at the classifieds @ mtb-news.de
Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep an eye on that and see what pops up.

Anybody have any experience ordering things from Line Cycles? By appearances, it looks like another SE Asian online store that unloads excess product from mfgs, which I have no objection to in principal, but I'm hesitant to send them $800 without some confirmation that they'll actually send me a product.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Straitline is shutting up shop and still have some stock-

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Prices are in CAD so should be like $23 for a DM stem, and less than $4 for a seat post collar....nice!

I've got some Straightline parts I've had for 10+ years, the stuff is tough. Their seat post collars are super nice if they have the right size.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I know this is off-topic a little bit, but are there any EU / German online shops that are still worth shopping from the US now that shipping charges have gone up so much? Besides CRC.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I know this is off-topic a little bit, but are there any EU / German online shops that are still worth shopping from the US now that shipping charges have gone up so much? Besides CRC.
For me in Canuckistan, it does.
When I can get two Maxxis tires for the price of one locally online, the shipping going up 10 bucks does not phase me. Two tires, two brake rotors and half my shipping for the price of two tires in Canada.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I generally try to find a few locals to split the shipping on a bunch of tyres.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I've got some Straightline parts I've had for 10+ years, the stuff is tough. Their seat post collars are super nice if they have the right size.
Yeah that was why I went looking, I wanted a red Straitline seat clamp, sadly they have no 34.9mm so I bought some hipster brass thing.

I have done a couple of orders, one from Bike Discount and one from Bike 24 and their postage has been far more reasonable than getting something from the US(to Aus), but DHL Germany are pretty damn slow.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Hibike.de is pretty cheap in shipping: 22.90 € to the US, 27.90 € to Canada. Cheaper than bike-discount, more expensive than bike 24 I think.
I use them quite a bit and they are great. Only their pretty old school webpage sucks.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Forbidden Druids on sale. Frameset for 2437$usd instead of 3249$. Full builds at great prices too.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
PSA to all the Canada peoples here, especially east coast. This place has free shipping on any amount of purchases.

Located in Ottawa. @slyfink ever used them?
Talking to them now about an NSB big brake 20mm adapter.
So far all they are coming up with is the normal 20mm, but are checking.
Keeping fingers crossed.

<edit> Score.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
PSA to all the Canada peoples here, especially east coast. This place has free shipping on any amount of purchases.

Located in Ottawa. @slyfink ever used them?
indeed I have. they have a location just a few blocks from me. good group of people. I once went in to buy a bb tool (for the raceface "standard"). I had called to check whether they had them in stock, which they did, only it was at a different location. The guys there lent me their shop tool, which I brought back quickly (with a few beers attached).

They also opened up a location at Camp Fortune that is quite well stocked. Not sure how busy they are, but I hope it remains viable into the future. They also do regular 'shop' rides, that a buddy of mine used to lead.

All this to say, it's a good shop, with a good group of employees. I didn't realize they did online selling - it would be cool if it worked out well, since it means they'll likely have a large inventory on hand...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
indeed I have. they have a location just a few blocks from me. good group of people. I once went in to buy a bb tool (for the raceface "standard"). I had called to check whether they had them in stock, which they did, only it was at a different location. The guys there lent me their shop tool, which I brought back quickly (with a few beers attached).

They also opened up a location at Camp Fortune that is quite well stocked. Not sure how busy they are, but I hope it remains viable into the future. They also do regular 'shop' rides, that a buddy of mine used to lead.

All this to say, it's a good shop, with a good group of employees. I didn't realize they did online selling - it would be cool if it worked out well, since it means they'll likely have a large inventory on hand...
Cool, will buy! Even if their items are a few dollars more, with free shipping it'll save in the long run (and I won't be suckered into spending $150 to get it).

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Cool, will buy! Even if their items are a few dollars more, with free shipping it'll save in the long run (and I won't be suckered into spending $150 to get it).
Picked up a big rotor adapter and some odds and ends. Totaled out to 58 bucks, which was the same as just the adapter shipped from North Shore Billet. $20.00 shipping for a single brake adapter seems a little excessive.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Merlin cycles are having good deals on Schwalbe tires. I assume the Pound in the shitter helps, too.
Thanks, their prices are even better than Ze Germans (shipping is $30 instead of $40). Can get 4 delivered for the price of 2 in the US, before tax.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Thanks, their prices are even better than Ze Germans (shipping is $30 instead of $40). Can get 4 delivered for the price of 2 in the US, before tax.
I've added Endura shorts ($60-ish) to my cart and the shipping dropped to $25, for some mysterious reason.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
For people looking for deals I'd look up Bikester. They are in Yurp in a couple of languages. They take their sweet time sending stuff but they get frequent deals on relatively popular parts. I got my DMR vaults at -40% (now -21% but that's because they convert to my currency and it is shit now)

Last edited:

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Merlin also had GX AXS shifter & derailleur for $425 for the pair. I was going to get a GX kit for the N+1 for $633 in the US, and I already have 2 chargers, so even having to buy a battery that's a good find. I'm surprised they can ship RS/SRAM to the US. Most of the Euro sites embargo SRAM/Shimano/Fox to the US.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
Merlin also had GX AXS shifter & derailleur for $425 for the pair. I was going to get a GX kit for the N+1 for $633 in the US, and I already have 2 chargers, so even having to buy a battery that's a good find. I'm surprised they can ship RS/SRAM to the US. Most of the Euro sites embargo SRAM/Shimano/Fox to the US.
a few places here in Canada seem to have similar discounts on gx axs kits for ~$650cdn

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I went to buy two carbon Magura brake clamps, postage was going to be 50 Euro to AU and the VAT didn't come off.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Fox kits I order and 3 months later I get a hit on my cc as B/O come in and ship..been so long I forgot what part was back ordered.

Ask them on the shipping log whats in it, THEY HAVE NO IDEA! lmao..their system doest track back orders or what shipped snd what they hit your cc for so it's a mystery package.

This is a everytime thing....I place big orders and 1/3 is not in stock and dates push back

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Just picked up a Mezzer pro from bike-discount.de for stupid cheap. Even with shipping it was way less than any other place I could find. Stuff is listed below retail, then paying with USD against the flagging euro further discounts things. I used to order from here a fair but but think they quit shipping to the US for a while. They are back now.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Just picked up a Mezzer pro from bike-discount.de for stupid cheap. Even with shipping it was way less than any other place I could find. Stuff is listed below retail, then paying with USD against the flagging euro further discounts things. I used to order from here a fair but but think they quit shipping to the US for a while. They are back now.
They did quit for a while.
About half of the German shops I have dealt with stopped shipping to NA
The ones that remained hiked their shipping by 10 euros.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Picked up a big rotor adapter and some odds and ends. Totaled out to 58 bucks, which was the same as just the adapter shipped from North Shore Billet. $20.00 shipping for a single brake adapter seems a little excessive.
They are quick!

I ordered a shifter late last night and today it's already mailed out.

And not even one of those tricks where they give you a tracking number, but it says "shipping label created" for days, this thing has already been picked up by Canada post.

Will deal again.

I'm guessing if they don't have something on their site, you can call in and special order it? Is that what you did mykel?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
They are quick!

I ordered a shifter late last night and today it's already mailed out.

And not even one of those tricks where they give you a tracking number, but it says "shipping label created" for days, this thing has already been picked up by Canada post.

Will deal again.

I'm guessing if they don't have something on their site, you can call in and special order it? Is that what you did mykel?
Online web chat.
What they had listed online was not what I needed.
So, they are ordering it in for me.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
It can be mounted to a top tube using the supplied garmin band on mounts (held on by criss Cross o-rings)
76 projects stick on mount is probably the neatest option.
But why do you want it mounted there?
I tried one of my Garmins mounted there and found my knee could knock the unit and twist it in the quarter turn mount. happened a couple of times in the air and while track standing so I ditched the idea but also because I found it a PITA to look down at behind the stem to see data. On the bars/stem or next to the stem is so much easier to view and use functions on the move and out front even more so. I think you'll also find the 530s buttons awkward to use reaching down to your top tube when moving. The 830s touch screen a little less so. But even then it's not a great position to actually scroll through functions/pages neveremind more advanced use.
If you're worried about it being vulnerable to crash damafe on there. Positioning it next to your stem and behind the bars protects it well. Either using a rearward bar mount or an offset headset spacer mount.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I got excited for a second as I'd like a spare but I got mine for $900AUD new, however it is the 51mm offset.
I have been tempted to get the 650b version just in case as it is still the same price.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Just got a 76 project mount to try out. Have a K-edge but not a fan of the 4mm bolt on bikes with headtube chips that require more than typical preload.