Quantcast

PSA: In Stock / On Sale

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Buy a 38mm Durolux with a 20mm boost axle and get a free shock.
Sounds like the shock is only really good enough to use when your user is getting serviced, but it would still be handy to have.

Buy One Get A TriAir2 For Free!
Use code: ENDUROFORK at checkout, or click the link below to automatically apply the discount to your order. Offer valid for Durolux36/38 EQ and Auron35 EQ forks only.​

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Triage 2 is basically just the new dvo topaz in a different color.

and I’m not super stoked on the pcs damper on that fork now that I’ve my Rux down and figured out how’s it works. A sampler from the video I’m going to make, the shims on each stack are uhh same diameter and all of them are creased and need to be replaced in my 5 year old fork.

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Sports basement has Scott and Ibis at 20% off and Cannondale at 40% in store.

Online is listed at 11% off - I assume that doesn’t include their loyalty program discount which is an extra 10% off.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sports basement has Scott and Ibis at 20% off and Cannondale at 40% in store.

Online is listed at 11% off - I assume that doesn’t include their loyalty program discount which is an extra 10% off.
Ho Lee Sheet this is an ugly bike:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
The pre crashed look

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
TBF
That's the old one.
The current one looks better than whatever bike you or I have...
Possibly not with one of us on it though.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
TBF
That's the old one.
The current one looks better than whatever bike you or I have...
Possibly not with one of us on it though.
The only way I and my bike are getting that much air is if I'm flying somewhere and the bike's in the hold :D

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I picked up a CC DB Air IL in the odd size I need from the zee Germans the other day for 210 Euros plus 20 shipping. I thought it must have been a mistake price cos nowhere else had them even close to that price but anyway it's apprarently shipped so we'll see. Don't know if they are any good but at that price it's worth a look. Back up to 336 Euro now which I guess is the standard price but might be worth checking every now and then if you're in the market.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Yes I have heard the service costs are substantial. However the present (older) shock is completely blown, unserviceable in Japan, unable to be sent overseas due to postal regulations and unavailable/sold out in a newer model in my size as far as I can discover in the 6 months I've been looking. Therefore in the current beggars can't be choosers type situation I think I did ok. But time will tell.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
That’s fair. There’s some availability of service parts, but if your shock is screwed together as tight as mine so it can’t be unscrewed with a strap wrench and requires the special cane creek spanner you’re screwed.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Yes I can imagine that situation not exactly filling you full of tender thoughts for the boffins at Cane Creek. Other than that are you happy with the shock? What one have you got?

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Same as you. After they warrantied it for being broken internally it’s been pretty decent. I like the fox dps more though even though it’s less adjustable.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Fortnine.ca is the best. I ordered a TLD Stage, a TLD D4 and returned them because they didn't fit that well. Returned them for a 7$ prepaid shipping label. Quick return, quick refund. Then I tried a small and a medium Leatt Gravity 4.0, which were way too small. Returned them the next day for 7$ (cheaper than taking my car and drive to a store).

Then I bought a Leatt Gravity 1.0 which fit great for 160$. Great I thought, the search is over! Then they lowered the price to 110$. A quick call and the customer service guy said oh yes we'll refund the difference!

Then they had the Gravity 4.0 in Large on sale for 225$ (still on sale). I bought one and it was still tight at the cheeks. So I TRIED to remove the cheek pads to install the thinner ones (included in the box). Looked at the manual, looked onYoutube to make sure I didn't break anything. Slowly pull the red tab that's made for this, it tears from the pad. Like really easily. Fuck. Okay then, it's only the pad and I will need to use the thinner ones anyway. So I remove the pad with my fingers like the guy on Youtube. I could see the red pin sockets coming out a bit from the chin bar's foam. I thought "well the pins must come out since they say to wash the pads and liners often". I managed to pull a pin, then a second, then the third pin comes out pulling the red socket from the helmet's foam. Fuck! I call Leatt to see what's going on, they say that I have to do a warranty claim before they can tell. Triple fuck. I take pictures, fill out the form, email it all, they say they don't cover Canada, I have to contact the distributor. Damn.

So I wrote an email to Fortnine, asking them what to do with this. They said " Oh we're sorry this happened! just send it back no worries with the free return label and we'll refund you". I thanked them so much, shipped it back, ordered a 2nd Gravity 1.0 (at 110$, it fits great, I want two) and received it the next day. Perfectly packaged in a never-opened retail box.

Case closed. Best customer service, great deals, simple processes and they have a lot of stock. They just earned my business forever.

Fun related story : the LBS had a TLD D4. I tried it there since they had it for the same deal as Fortnine. The guy comes with the helmet, it had two black marks and scratches. The guy says "Oh that's just dirty marks. Man that's almost the best TLD make, they have the D5 and D6 but the D4 is up there." Oh nice! I replied. The medium was too tight and that's all they had so I give it back to him. While trying to put it back in the protective bag, he drops it from 5 feet right on the shop's floor. He says "oh that's not great" and puts it back in the box for the next customer to buy. It's sad but unfortunately, my experience with Fortnine (even without the damaged helmet situation) was so much better. If I buy a 500$ helmet, I'd like to know that it wasn't dropped on the floor.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I call Leatt to see what's going on, they say that I have to do a warranty claim before they can tell. Triple fuck. I take pictures, fill out the form, email it all, they say they don't cover Canada, I have to contact the distributor. Damn.
Ugh I hate getting this run around from companies that basically don't offer any services, other than selling their equipment, in Canada.

The distributors are usually a pain to deal with, if they'll even allow you the privilege of speaking with them and not getting referred to "goto a bike shop and file through them".

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh I hate getting this run around from companies that basically don't offer any services, other than selling their equipment, in Canada.

The distributors are usually a pain to deal with, if they'll even allow you the privilege of speaking with them and not getting referred to "goto a bike shop and file through them".
Perfect example of this, from an email I received last night from Hope. The email prior to this sounded like they were sorting out who was the closest to ship me a new hub.

Why are the distributors even in play for this type of thing? It just adds unnecessary frustration, delays etc etc.

So now I'm looking at a $185 hub replacement cost, shipping cost from UK and the cost to rebuild the wheel. All because the hub literally fell apart internally. Outside of the warranty period or not, with the low miles this thing has, it shouldn't happen.

1674743991350.png

Oh wait wrong thread...

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Yeah, when the manufacturer has to go between distributors to end up directly dealing with you in the end, you know something is not working that efficiently in the process.

That's a good PSA on Hope hubs. I was hesitating between a Pro2 last year and a DT 350 and I don't regret my choice. The same thing as you happened to me on a Nukeproof Neutron hub and they gave me (CRC) a store credit of the original value, which I used to buy the DT 350.

At least you can get the hub for cheap(er), but it's a PIA to rebuild the wheel for something that should not happen like you said.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's a pain, but at least they're helping you out, given they could have just played the out of warranty card.

It's not too bad swapping a hub or rim when you can do it a spoke at a time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they are giving me an offer, just sucks that the distributor here in Canada had some part in delaying or changing the outcome.

I did send them a reply this morning, hopefully my attempts at shrewd negotiating doesn't bite me in the ass. :busted:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Found these for $18.95 each, they are $25 plus shipping wholesale.
View attachment 188350
These hoses! The way Shimano lists compatibility for them is horsecock, or perhaps its the way dealers look them up? At least up here...

When I had to get a new hose for an SLX brake last summer, not a single hose could be found anymore. But there were plenty of XTR hoses. Yep, purchased one, its identical and fit like a charm. I'm guessing the cheaper hoses can't be used on some XTR calipers due to corrosion or something? It just adds to the confusion when the compatibility charts don't align with the stars. :)

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
For the Aussies, Endoucheo style Julbos with reactiv lenses for $170 with free post.
I like mine decently. They make me think I should record a "how to jump" video and maybe take up 3 parking spots in my Tesla in the parking lot while giving a fanny pack review.

Jokes aside, they're great while riding because they stay real firmly in place and the lens is super cool - Was pretty comfortable using them on nightrides in the dense PacNW forests (with lights obviously) because the lens gets clear enough in low light and using them in Moab just as comfortably because the lens gets dark enough when it's brighter. But they do pinch my head in such a way that I don't notice while actively riding, but by the time I spend 5 minutes back at the car after a day of riding I can't wear them anymore and the bone right above my ear feels like its been rubbed raw. So needing to carry multiple pairs of sunglasses around is annoying, but if it doesn't bother you they're solid.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Again for the Aussies, old stock Imperial TTX22s from $495-