Quantcast

PSA: X-Fusion RV1 - $559.99

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Got the RV1 installed. Waiting for a heavier spring. I haven't felt such supple small bump comliance on a non-inverted fork since Marzocchi's heyday (it's similar to how I remember my 2004 Super T feeling), and thankfully the damping is much better then those ever were.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
It is a great fork, the noise is a non issue performance wise. I have tested a few bikes with it and it was surprisingly good.
I believe it is also compatible with 650b with a small part that you can get from XF. i don't remember what it was tho.

another reason to add why these forks are f'in awesome.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I believe it is also compatible with 650b with a small part that you can get from XF. i don't remember what it was tho.

another reason to add why these forks are f'in awesome.
The Vengeance is 650b compatible out of the box. It was the Velvet that needed a 5mm travel limiter to prevent tire-arch contact when bottoming out.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
It is a great fork, the noise is a non issue performance wise. I have tested a few bikes with it and it was surprisingly good.
Yeah, mine does creak, but that's just noise... I forget about it REAL fast when I'm bombing down a sketchy trail.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Yeah, mine does creak, but that's just noise... I forget about it REAL fast when I'm bombing down a sketchy trail.
I hate noisy bikes. Make me think I'm going faster than I really am and it really makes me slower

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Anyone here work at a shop with a QBP catalog login? I'm trying to find a 27.5 black tall crown for my RV1 and X-Fusion in Reno is out of them; they suggested QBP might have some. Doesn't seem that QBP has their online special order catalog available to shop websites anymore.

RV1 Upper Crown 27.5 TALL Black
Part code: 42-SSFRVBH-CSU-501

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Anyone here work at a shop with a QBP catalog login? I'm trying to find a 27.5 black tall crown for my RV1 and X-Fusion in Reno is out of them; they suggested QBP might have some. Doesn't seem that QBP has their online special order catalog available to shop websites anymore.

RV1 Upper Crown 27.5 TALL Black
Part code: 42-SSFRVBH-CSU-501
QBP doesn't stock them.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Saw that, unfortunately while the title says 27.5 they only have the 26” version (different offset)
Any reason you're set on sticking with the higher offset? If I were you I'd be jumping at the opportunity to reduce it.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Any reason you're set on sticking with the higher offset? If I were you I'd be jumping at the opportunity to reduce it.
I’m happy at 46mm. Also I’m looking to increase front center with a reach adjust headset, shorter offset would take me in the wrong direction.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I’m happy at 46mm. Also I’m looking to increase front center with a reach adjust headset, shorter offset would take me in the wrong direction.
I'm keen to try the shorter offset fork on my Patrol (its designed around a 37mm) but I only had a stock 46mm. But holy crap CSUs are expensive.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I'm keen to try the shorter offset fork on my Patrol (its designed around a 37mm) but I only had a stock 46mm. But holy crap CSUs are expensive.
Yeah, I just had to replace the stanchion/csu assembly on one of my Lyriks that got eaten by a rock garden. Wasn't cheap.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Yeah, I just had to replace the stanchion/csu assembly on one of my Lyriks that got eaten by a rock garden. Wasn't cheap.
Yeah, like $500 AUD. I'd do it if mine were stuffed, but for an experiment I think its too steep.

dughead

Chimp
Feb 3, 2020
Hi people, I'm after some RV1 forks, and would quite like to go for the 2019 version, but can't seem to find them in the normal places (here in the UK). However, the ebay seller in the quote above does have a couple of pairs for sale, along with, seemingly, a lot of good feedback, too. The only thing that's putting me off is that it's ebay + Taiwan, so do any of you guys have any experience buying from this chap, and if so can you recommend/ward me off?

Cheers!

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
Hi people, I'm after some RV1 forks, and would quite like to go for the 2019 version, but can't seem to find them in the normal places (here in the UK). However, the ebay seller in the quote above does have a couple of pairs for sale, along with, seemingly, a lot of good feedback, too. The only thing that's putting me off is that it's ebay + Taiwan, so do any of you guys have any experience buying from this chap, and if so can you recommend/ward me off?

Cheers!

Ex-team spare stock RV1s, 320 pounds and 95 pound extra for a damper upgrade or 380 pound for one with the upgraded damper installed
Seller is legit, it's Ben reid and his crew / propain factory racing that run it (same as firebird79 on pinkbike)