Quantcast

psycho beotch at local bike mecca

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
For any of youse monkeys who frequent the Fells north of Boston, take heed. If you are going to hit any of the trails up there and happen to ride through the Shepfold, watch out! Over the past two years or so, the Shepfold has turned into a dog park, which isnt necessairliy a bad thing. Most people pick up the turds and everyone co-exists with the hikers/skiers/bikers/ect. I was there yesterday with my dog as a matter of fact. When we were leaving I saw two dudes on their bikes riding through the field away from all the people and their dogs when this crazy blond lady came hollering at them and had her little, yippy terrier take off after the guys on the bikes. The dudes then dismounted as to not antagonize the dog/run it over, and she started berating them! She was saying crap like "you dont belong here, you distroy the environment" blah blah blah, normal econazi BS. Now, unfortunately, neither of them was totally in the right. The chick did not have any right to go over to them and give them the what for; technically you *are* supposed to have your dogs leashed in there, but there usualy arent any problems and there are anywhere from 10-30 dogs there off leash at any given time. But at the same time, the park isnt supposed to be open for bikes until the 15th (I doubt she knew that, but I digress)
So, if you are going to be riding through the Shepfold to get to the Fells trails, watch out for this psycho chick with her little brown dog. Youll hear her yelling "GETEM HEYHEYHEY GETEM" in a highpitched, screetchy voice. Im not sure if she is mildly retarded, too hopped up on the hooch, or just a bitch, but be warned. Be safe, if you have to go through the field, take the path down by the fence at the bottom of the hill. As I frequent the park with both my dog and my bike, I dont really want to lose privleges for either.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Uh, the Fells is closed to MTB until April 16. If you were there illegally she has a right to yell at you. And I'll yell at you too, since I don't want psycho beotches like her to have more ammunition to make them close it to MTB longer or forever.

edited for clarity. :)

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Barbaton said:
Uh, the Fells is closed to MTB until April 16. If you were there illegally she has a right to yell at you. And I'll yell at you too, since I don't want psycho beotches like her to have more ammunition to make them close it to MTB longer or forever.

edited for clarity. :)
im not arguing with that point, but i doubt she even knew that as she didnt seem totally with it to begin with, and likely the same reason why the guys on teh bikes didnt say anything back to her, they just turned back rather than put up a fight

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
narlus said:
let's face it - the Fells has ONE legal MTB trail (aside from the boring fireroads). why would you ride there?
cuz it's 15 minutes by bike behind my office. so i can do it 3x/week after work and save the more interesting areas for the wkends.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
luken8r said:
im not arguing with that point, but i doubt she even knew that as she didnt seem totally with it to begin with, and likely the same reason why the guys on teh bikes didnt say anything back to her, they just turned back rather than put up a fight
aah, i'd missed that you had stated you knew the opening date in your message. i still hope you're not riding it closed. i'll keep an eye out for crazy lady.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
SkaredShtles said:
I'm going to register an objection to referring to this place as some kind of "Mecca" for mt. biking, local or not.............. :angry:

Everyone knows that Crested Butte is mt bike Mecca.

-S.S.-
i thought it was Maob. :D

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Barbaton said:
aah, i'd missed that you had stated you knew the opening date in your message. i still hope you're not riding it closed. i'll keep an eye out for crazy lady.
i def dont ride it closed, i was there with the dog, not the bike. even when its open, if i ride the fells, i say over by the zoo/melrose side. less people over there

SkaredShtles said:
I'm going to register an objection to referring to this place as some kind of "Mecca" for mt. biking, local or not..............

Everyone knows that Crested Butte is mt bike Mecca.

-S.S.-

i said "mecca", not "Mecca"

mec·ca Audio pronunciation of "mecca" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mk)
n.

1. A place that is regarded as the center of an activity or interest.
2. A goal to which adherents of a religious faith or practice fervently aspire.
2. A place visited by many people: a mecca for tourists.

:blah:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
luken8r said:
<snip>i said "mecca", not "Mecca"

mec·ca Audio pronunciation of "mecca" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mk)
n.

1. A place that is regarded as the center of an activity or interest.
2. A goal to which adherents of a religious faith or practice fervently aspire.
2. A place visited by many people: a mecca for tourists.

:blah:
I'm still gonna take issue with you calling it a "mecca"........ :eviltongu :D

-S.S.-

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
luken8r said:
i def dont ride it closed, i was there with the dog, not the bike. even when its open, if i ride the fells, i say over by the zoo/melrose side. less people over there
i also thought you were riding from your post. sorry for busting your chops. 20 lashes for not reading the first post in a thead carefully enough. :monkey:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I hate people like that.

destroying the enviroment? if your alive, your a part of the 'problem'. if it bugs you that much, please, kill yourself.