Quantcast

public cement skatepark & dirt jumps in NC

meatboot

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Chapel Hell
Some of us Triangle-area riders pitched the idea of a public cement bowl and dirt jump trails to the Orange County Commissioners, who in the process of building a large public sports park in between Hillsborough and Chapel Hill (convenient to major interstates, BTW). The idea definitely seemed to have some traction with the Commissioners and we've posted up a petition, per their request. http://www.petitiononline.com/bpinoc/petition.html

We're asking for NC riders only, east of I-77 preferably.

Not trying to rub this in everybody else's face, you're still more than welcome to ride there, we just don't want the Commissioners to think they're county's going to be invaded by dirtballs if they let us do this. Also, we wanted to show other riders just how easy this can be (knock on wood).

Oh, and at least one of the lines will big bike friendly.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so anyone on that side of 77 is a dirtball? good luck i signing shlt for ya.

meatboot

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Chapel Hell
I think your offensiveness detectors might be a bit over calibrated, maybe from hanging out in the DH forum where everyone takes everything so seriously. :D

I did not mean that only riders west of I-77 were dirtballs, but rather that we're all dirtballs, myself included, and *some* riders live in the western half of our great state.

I probably brought this on myself by failing to include the requisite smiley in my original post, so here's some more: :love: :blah: