Quantcast

Public Dirt

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Here's a few from a build day at Lake Crabtree Public Park in Raleigh. All volunteer effort....dirt, land-clearing, shovels. This is the model for how to get it done right. Pump Track, beginner, intermediate and expert jump lines....many thanks go out to Mountain Geeker for his efforts in getting this thing worked out.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Wow. Very impressive! You guys did some work!

I can only wish the guys locally could get motivated and organized like that to make something happen! Well done!

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
man I love that shot straight down the line with the trees, looks like a lil piece of heaven. Keep up the great work and def post progress pics as she grows.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
I think I live in an area of the world where the dirt is really sh!tty because whenever I see pictures like this, I cry inside.

This dirt wasn't anything special. It was overburden from a construction site full of chunks of asphalt, rocks and pea gravel. We did get it to pack and shape pretty well, but only time will tell as far as durability is concerned. We did have a guy come out that does custom dirt blending for the local BMX tracks and some baseball fields to hash out the idea to cap the jumps with a clay/sand mix to improve durability and reduce maintenance.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ

This pic is great - love seeing a whole crew getting things done. I always think when I'm digging by myself how much more could get done with just a few more people. I can see why the place is going up so quickly and nicely. I think you guys got it perfect with the style of jumps too - thick landings with a mellow pitch on the sides and back is just right for a public setup.

Real good job and it's treats to see another public park coming together.