Quantcast

Public Enemy. Live?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Worth it? Probably mostly for hilarity's sake. Small, indoor venue. Kind of a dive bar almost.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I saw them twice.

Once was with Sisters of Mercy (yes the goth band) in a big summer tour. They were fine but the venue, an outdoor amphitheater, was not good for a group which depends on taped music.

The next show was at the House of Blues in New Orleans. This was a high energy show because the No Limit and Cash Money crews were both in the audience. Juvenile got a big round of applause, and he was just chilling by the downstairs bar.

I remember one thing though: there was a fight in the pit, and immediately all the lights in the venue turned on, and security, which included the S1W's, rushed to the front of the stage.

I'm sure tensions were high being a rap show in New Orleans, but I was a little surprised that the Security of 1st World actually did security.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
how many other dive venues are there in ithaca?

on a side note: i've seen some ridiculous shows at castaways
There are a bunch, actually. Castaways and The Haunt being the best. The show isn't actually in Ithaca, it's Albany area, but I'll be there anyway at the time.

Who all have you seen at Castaways?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There are a bunch, actually. Castaways and The Haunt being the best. The show isn't actually in Ithaca, it's Albany area, but I'll be there anyway at the time.

Who all have you seen at Castaways?

Yea, I guess I should have figured the show would be in Albany and not Ithaca :rofl: Makes more sense now.

Oh jeez, lotta shows there - Toxic Narcotic, I think I saw Pietasters and Voodoo Glow Skulls there (then again a few nights later in Pittsburgh), UK subs, bunch others I'm forgetting. I had friends that went to school there when I was at RIT. I remember going down there to see Jello Biafra doing spoken word one night (can't remember where, wasn't castaways), then seeing Henry Rollins back in RIT the following night.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yea, I guess I should have figured the show would be in Albany and not Ithaca :rofl: Makes more sense now.

Oh jeez, lotta shows there - Toxic Narcotic, I think I saw Pietasters and Voodoo Glow Skulls there (then again a few nights later in Pittsburgh), UK subs, bunch others I'm forgetting. I had friends that went to school there when I was at RIT. I remember going down there to see Jello Biafra doing spoken word one night (can't remember where, wasn't castaways), then seeing Henry Rollins back in RIT the following night.
Nice. Buncha good stuff there.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
(A)HAB, you're seeing them at Northern Lights in Clifton Park, right? Eeeesh. CP is a weird suburb of Albany. Prepare for a lot of baggy pants white guys, not unlike yourself! :rofl:

When Turbonegro played there (open for QOTSA), they announced the song 'Are You Ready (For Some Darkness)' and stated in no uncertain terms that Clifton Park/Northern Lights was one of the darkest places they had ever played!

My friend Ted partially owns Northern Lights and runs the booking company Step Up Presents (who I am assuming booked PE). Interesting guy, to say the least!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
(A)HAB, you're seeing them at Northern Lights in Clifton Park, right? Eeeesh. CP is a weird suburb of Albany. Prepare for a lot of baggy pants white guys, not unlike yourself! :rofl:
Have you ever even seen me not in riding gear? :rant: :D

When Turbonegro played there (open for QOTSA), they announced the song 'Are You Ready (For Some Darkness)' and stated in no uncertain terms that Clifton Park/Northern Lights was one of the darkest places they had ever played!

My friend Ted partially owns Northern Lights and runs the booking company Step Up Presents (who I am assuming booked PE). Interesting guy, to say the least!
I've been to Northern Lights before, saw Clutch play there, with Never Got Caught, Lionize, (who were all great) and someone else that really sucked opening. It was an interesting crowd, mostly 30-something white guys with beards. I was up front in the pit for a while, got tired of that and drifted back a bit. Funniest part was seeing this super hot 20ish blonde chick punch this short, fat, wasted dude who kept trying to cop a feel. Hard. In the face. :rofl:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I saw them twice.
same here
I remember one thing though: there was a fight in the pit, and immediately all the lights in the venue turned on, and security, which included the S1W's, rushed to the front of the stage.
1st time @ 9:30 club, and it was one of the least violent shows....weird

we were the only 2 white guys there; also weird.
Saw them with Anthrax. Good show.
#2 for me, it was 'meh' b/c it was @ a large venue (cap center, '88 i think)

so i'd vote 'no', but mostly due to being too old