Quantcast

Public service announcement from Marzocchi USA

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Originally posted by Echo
Pissed? About what? If an industry VP sends a f*cking email to an industry website, he better be f*cking ready for it to be treated as industry news.
even if it's a private email, and not a press release? how is that industry news? how would this be different to this scenario:

if for some reason, say, weagle had a legit issue w/ something on the site related to evil or e13, fired off a nastygram/PM (which we all know wouldn't happen, as dave's not like that, but bear w/ me) to RM, and then RM posts that PM and starts a thread about it?

someone else mentioned the opportunity for the higher road to be taken. nail, meet hammer.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by narlus
even if it's a private email, and not a press release? how is that industry news? how would this be different to this scenario:

if for some reason, say, weagle had a legit issue w/ something on the site related to evil or e13, fired off a nastygram/PM (which we all know wouldn't happen, as dave's not like that, but bear w/ me) to RM, and then RM posts that PM and starts a thread about it?

someone else mentioned the opportunity for the higher road to be taken. nail, meet hammer.
While I do see your point, I think you kind of made my point for me too :p

If the CEO of Sun Microsystems sent a poorly worded email to David Letterman threatening legal action for something silly (which would obviously never happen because Sun Microsystems' CEO has enough of a brain not to do something so stupid), what do you think Letterman would do with it?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
what do you think Letterman would do with it?
well, for one, he wouldn't treat it as "industry news", and two, letterman is in the wiseass business. analogy near miss. :)

btw, the wording of this thread is not exactly in good judgement either, is it?

i am not absolving mr martin of the tone of his cease-and-desist email (but according to him, he did think one request went unheeded, so if that is true, it makes it easier to swallow); i think we've all seen ways on how the wording could have improved greatly. but did it need to blow up into a 5 page rant?

"I guess we were all guilty, in a way. We all shot him, we all skinned him, and we all got a complimentary bumper sticker that said, "I helped skin Bob."

:)

Arutha

Monkey
Nov 26, 2002
Western PA
Damn it. I just had a good 3 paragraphs written and the electricity went out. So I will just paraphrase.

RM was wrong to post the email from a professional point of view, but RM really isn't a company now is it? Hell 14 year olds can create a message board. (Not a rip on RM at all. I love this place)

Marzhocci never should have sent an email like that. Get some professionalism, you I expect to have it. You ARE a world wide company.... If you don't have anyone with tact then you should hire someone who does. You make great forks, and customer service so far has been great, but I have to admit silly outbursts like that will make me pause when picking forks. Granted a few thousand dollars loss isn't a big deal to you but when this type of stuff gets out you never know the true effects. Hell, the owners of RM might get a purchasing job for Specialized or some other large company, then you might just lose a very large deal.

I have to admit on a personal level I am kinda glad RM posted the email. I like to know the type of people who are responsible for things I might buy.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Hey, maybe I can sue Mtbkngrl for posting that picture of when I was passed out drunk and she wrote all over me with a Sharpie.
No you can't! You should send an email to RM telling them your going to file legal action for posting them :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have really wanted an 888, but I guess I will be buying another Boxxer.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I think Bryson's next move should be simple. A very simple, and basic, PUBLIC apology. It has become very well known that Bryson has made some pretty lame comments and if he really cares about the company as much as he professes, then he should have NO hestitaion in saving its face, should he?

I would have to say that any time even one potential customer is swayed in the opposite direction by a company's OWN employee(let alone a VP!), that employee has failed in every sense of the word. I mean, it is not even about the product! When someone within a company can represent it so badly, there is no room for that person to have any future at all there, if that company would like to have a future for itself.
So, Bryson, you claim devotion to your beloved Marzocchi, yet you alone will bury it. Sometimes, to prove your love, you must set it free....

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Sometimes a good ol'fashioned telephone call would make the difference ;)

This is out of hand. And because no one has spoken to each other outside the virtual community, misunderstandings have abruptet to new heights.

Jan 15, 2002
Suburban MA, USA
I don't buy that a message like that came from a VP level person. No way, a high-school aged kid maybe, but a VP? If so, I question the leadership level of Marzocchi.

If you don't stop posting my pix I'll have my dad beat up your dad ;)

-Couch

Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by Shortbus
OH but wait, you're the ones who are sending ass-y emails about this whole deal to begin with. Practise what u preach bro.
Hey Shortbus,
Where did I send the "ass-y" email? Is "ass-y" even a word? If you read past my comment, the guy decided that physical violence on the internet was cool or something like that also realized that his original comment was pretty dumb and admitted to it. I practice what I preach, bro.

Brian

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by SPUTNECK
Hey Rhino, while I really don't want to get in the middle of opposing attitudes, I might be able to offer yet again, another perspective. I work in the Media (TV) and allot of times we get what is called "embargo'd info". That is we can't air it until it is officially released to the public by the originating source. At trade industry shows, it is common professional courtesy to repect this and seek advice from the source on a "publish date". Also on RM responsibility, actually they do have a responsibility as a "information distributer and facilitator" to moderate and guard against this happening. In other words, I have a responsibility in the media to be accurate, fair, and not infringe on confidential "revenue related" info....(in our case) if it news worthy from a public safety stance or investigative in nature, the gloves are off. All this may seem a bit diluted, but there are hundreds of rules in "freedom of the press" that most people, including myself sometimes don't understand.( like I can use a logo for ATT in a news story, but not in promo that promotes the story). Because of the difference between promotion and news. I think the original email to RM could have been more understanding and professional, I also understand that you cannot make exceptions for RM and have a different reaction toward Transcend Mag. So you have to choose to be equally an ass or nice. Whoever posted the confidential info was not acting responsibly, and RM unintentionally helped them to futher their lack of responsibility....If my employer did the same thing as RM....we could be sued by the company,and in a civil trial, we would probably loose.....its a crazy, mind blowing system.

Hope this helps...if not....oh well...you win some, you lose most.
Bill.
Hey Sputneck,

The email sent (not the attempts to explain and patch things up) was the issue here. The wording to RM about information that he may have no practical knowledge of was WAY OUT OF LINE. No company anywhere should send a letter like that out. I suggest Bryson subject all transpondence thru a BS editor before releasing it. :D Really, handing it to a coworker who isn't afraid of Bryson (as he sounds like he has a temper) would be in Marz best interest.

If he was asking RM to remove info that is one thing. Bryson went way over the line threatening RM. It is unfortunate that Bryson sent the email out....but the response shouldn't be a surprise. In fact I say the response was warranted. Bryson, while maybe not in real life, in that email was a 100% Prime Grade A D-I-C-K. (maybe like I am being now;) who am I kidding he was waaaaay worse)

RM can moderate....and he should. But the poster of Conf. Info is the one at fault. He is the one breaking the professional courtesy....for releasing the faulty info. RM is a messege board. He wasn't the one sworn to secrecy or to be held to any agreement. RM doesn't read everything I post. I don't work for him. If he finds or is made privy of something that should be removed he does.....

I am not quite sure of what Transend Mag has to do with any of this. I don't know that side of the story. Transend being a actual informational media, while RM is a messege board where everyone contributes are different beasts entirely.

Brysons email should never have happened.....please forawrd atleast this sentence to Bryson (whom I have never met, but can't say I could care to) Brian P is a stand up guy. Maybe Bryson should have Brian read his outgoing mail before sending it. :D Sorry Brian P not trying to give you more work but if this Bryson stays around then it probably would be job security. ;)

The title to this thread though maybe seen as inappropriate to the Marz camp.....reminds posters know how much a no-no it is to post that info. In fact RM has done you a service and disservice at the same time. He helped you get the word out about confidential matters being released and made the VP look like a grade school bully.

I would be fired if I sent something like that out as a company related letter. No way would that sort of letter fly out in the real world....as this only reflects poorly at the company. All I see here are excuses for letter a VP should never have sent. There is no excuse for that email....and no way to explain or add info to make it sound better.

I submitt to Marz again, that all Bryson letters, via snail mail or otherwise, be reviewed by someone with a clue.

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
I think we're overlooking an obvious question here: Are Marzocchi upset at the dissemination of those pics because the fork be different from what was depicted in the 'double-secret' OEM pages? :D

I sure hope so, because the pics depicted it to be too tall for my ride :devil: , but it sure looked HOT! :eek:

I'd love to replace my Manitou Breakout with a Marzocchi product despite Bryson's emotional e-mail to RM and Brian P. calling me an idiot or something in another thread for an absurdly tongue-in-cheek comment (that eerily had to do with a 6" version of the 888)

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
i cant believe i read this whole thread, im not usually one to follow soap operas.

this is all i have to say:

"think before you shoot"

this goes for both parties.

~SGD

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
brian this is shortbus, shortbus this is brian. both good peeps.

let us not fall prey to a mob mentality.

Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by S.G.D
i cant believe i read this whole thread, im not usually one to follow soap operas.

this is all i have to say:

"think before you shoot"

this goes for both parties.

~SGD
I was thinking more along the lines of the "Don't shoot the messenger...."

Brian

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
that could be true aswell, since you got shot up quite a bit but i would have to stick to my previous statement.

RM with his retaliation and Mr Martin with his poorly worded email both pulled the trigger without giving it much thought.

this could have been avoided.

~SGD

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Soul Rider
I am actually joking about the asshole part. He is however very passionate about "his" company. Things like this are nothing but a huge headache none of us "insiders" need. We have better things to do.
The last thing we need is for our new spec sheets to end up on a public forum (as well as Bryson's letter). He might have been a bit harsh but "this" thread was completely BS. RM, or whoever you are (why don't you peps posts your details, are you hiding from someone?) I understand and knew you didn't post it but at the same time you are classless, a true non-professional in this little industry of MTB's. Sorry I had to say it. ExcussME!
I wouldn't be surprised if you disolved my access to your site but that would indeed prove my point.

Business is business let's leave it at that.

FYI,
I have RS, Fox and Manitous 2005 OEM book sitting right here next to my scanner. Why shouldn't I post this stuff????? I know better. I worked for Manitou (R&D) for 10 years (left 6 months ago) and I even know a lot of their 2006 line but it still does not give me the right to "share it".

Thanks again, any suggestions are greatly appricated. We do listen in between putting foot to ass!!
Whoa there... where the heck is this coming from. After your first post on this subject, I was gaining some respect back for Marzocchi. After THIS post, you are back in the hole. I WAS going to go out and get the new Z150, but now I think I'll have to stick w/ fox.:( What the he11 has RM done to you? Where do you get off saying all that. If you guys are all pissed, go after the person that leaked your "confidential" materials. Not the site that they used to post them.:rolleyes:
Geez... is everyone at Zokes a COCK?
(Oh wait... I mean everyone EXCEPT Brian P. Brian is the man:thumb: )

Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by S.G.D
that could be true aswell, since you got shot up quite a bit but i would have to stick to my previous statement.

RM with his retaliation and Mr Martin with his poorly worded email both pulled the trigger without giving it much thought.

this could have been avoided.

~SGD
Both pulled the triggers.... But there was a first shot at the messenger.... Which should have been at the person who scanned the pages from the OEM book....

BB, I am not the man.... I just do a job here...

Brian

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
Originally posted by Brian Peterson
Both pulled the triggers.... But there was a first shot at the messenger.... Which should have been at the person who scanned the pages from the OEM book....

Brian

touché

you are exactly right.

that being a product of my theory :cool: :eek:

~SGD

Soul Rider

Chimp
Mar 18, 2004
Santa Clarita, Ca.
Originally posted by -BB-
Whoa there... where the heck is this coming from. After your first post on this subject, I was gaining some respect back for Marzocchi. After THIS post, you are back in the hole. I WAS going to go out and get the new Z150, but now I think I'll have to stick w/ fox.:( What the he11 has RM done to you? Where do you get off saying all that. If you guys are all pissed, go after the person that leaked your "confidential" materials. Not the site that they used to post them.:rolleyes:
Geez... is everyone at Zokes a COCK?
(Oh wait... I mean everyone EXCEPT Brian P. Brian is the man:thumb: )

The reason I said this was due to the fact that I did not know RM or anyone else here at this site. It is his site though (now that I know). I had only read the "private e-mail" that my boss posted here(posting private e-mails and titling it like everyone really needs this info). Then all the attacks which should have never even happened in the first place. What's sickens me now is how drawn out this has become.

Should we have to sit here with are noses in it and not try to get peps to see both sides of the story? Read Bryson's other posts. This is his position.

I posted on my own time (for the company). ...now I'm being called a COCK????? I'll do just what I've done since the 4th grade, walk away.
Have a nice day. I'm still not looking for trouble.

This is my last post on Riding with monkeys.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
wow. if you listen real closely to this thread you can hear the bike industry imploding:cool:
just kidding. hey since the cats out of the bag would anyone like to tell me some more about that new fork (66) that has everyone pissed. its not like military secrets are being revealed here.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Brian, by "you" i meant Marzocchi the company. I don't mean to point fingers at people. ass-y is definitely not a real word. But again i don't live in that "real" world... :p

Chrome thanks...
I apologize for coming across as an ass myself. I just got upset cause i really do like marzocchi forks. I think i'm gonna stop caring about this fight now. My superT performed very well last week end on our brand new skinny ride and mini drop. I'm glad i didn't dispoal-grind it. :D

Sep 10, 2001
Shortbus...
If you buy products based on the attitudes of the higher ups, you may have to change your buying habits completely... Most people don't get to the top by being nice people.... Sad but true... Especially in a biz like ours... A lot of people fighting for the big piece of a small pie....

Brian

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
In my opinion, a company's attitude determines its product.
But that's just me. I could be obliviously wrong who knows....

Christian -

EDIT: i'm achully glad you mentioned that marzocchi or its high-ups (i don't need the distinction in my mind) is after the big piece of the small pie. Good goal guys. I'll keep your motives and attitude towards customers in mind when i look for a new fork :angry: :mad:

Hey Chrome, at least i tried :dead:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
that's all any good e-friend can ask of dancing banana poop. you tried. he tried too. your fork worked great (having been spared the garbage disposal alterations) and you had fun riding this w/e. hopefully bp had a good ride this w/e too.

j-bone

Chimp
Mar 16, 2004
Nelson BC!
WTF! Thats the dumbest thing... who cares if you see pics, because you can just tell that every year marzocchi will be getting crappier and crappier....
That guy is an ASS:mad:

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Bryson's an ass. I interviewed with Marzocchi several years ago and decided there's no way in hell I would work for such a conceited individual. He is doing his job, but the delivery of the message is uncalled for. Plus, if his damn forks were so top secret, then don't show them at a trade show.

No offense to Brian P....:D

Bryson should have hired Soul Rider to give a simple explanation of why he was opposed to these photos instead of putting someone down in the process.

Sep 10, 2001
Jill..... Jill.....

You know I love you girl, but did you read the part where both Tom and myself pointed out that it was the pages from OEM book that were scanned and posted on online (once again, not by RM) that really started this whole fire storm?

Off topic, did I hear something about you hurting yourself lately?

Brian

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Holy Sh!t!!!!

I don't know how long this thread has been going for, but I just finished up about 8 hours of doing work on LabVIEW, and just waisted about thirty minutes reading this thread.

So I would like to give my asshole professor and those that are being rediculous whining childs in this thread a big shout-out. Some of you need to grow up and act like adults.

Anyway, I need a beer. Mmmmmmmmmmm Sierra Nevada :drool:

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Originally posted by Brian Peterson
Jill..... Jill.....

You know I love you girl, but did you read the part where both Tom and myself pointed out that it was the pages from OEM book that were scanned and posted on online (once again, not by RM) that really started this whole fire storm?

Off topic, did I hear something about you hurting yourself lately?

Brian
Hey Brian,

Love you too, man!:D Yeah, I did read this and that's why I said Bryson should have hired Tom to explain the situation. I don't disagree that a company needs to protect it's intellectual property...I just disagree with Bryson's delivery, that's all. I think it was very inappropriate. If he would have asked nicely, none of this would have come about, I'm sure.

I know we wouldn't be so hip if the same thing happened to us...but I can say for sure that our prez/CEO wouldn't have belittled RM administrators in the process. Kudos to you and Tom...Marzocchi makes a killer product and they are fortunate to have good people like you guys...Bryson just needs some help in the tact and respect department. Just my opinion.

Man this is a silly industry sometimes!!!:D

And yes, I did break my ankle riding MX at Elsinore a few weeks ago. Totally sucks not being able to ride...plus I won't be able to run from Bryson when he hunts me down...he he he:D .

Peace out...see you at the Ontario Natl's?

Sep 10, 2001
Jill,
Sorry to hear about the ankle..... Just coming out of a cast myself, I know where you are coming from.... I hope it heals up quickly!!

I'll be in Ontario for sure.... Been riding my ass off for this one... And after a 4 month break, there is still some ass left to ride off!!

Hop on over to my tent and say hi!!!

Brian

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
WOW!
i can't believe how upset everyone got over an email that wasn't even directed at them. you all need to step away from the your computer and go ride your bike. i own a couple of zokes and i love em. i recently bought a 888 and i love it, and so does everyone who follows me down a hill and gets to see how well the fork works. it is one of the most tunable forks out there. as long as marzocchi keeps making a good product i'll keep buying there product. keep up the good work.

Contrary to some people's opinion, Marzocchi has been getting better and better all the time. A company needs a level of privacy to make sure their products are ready for sale on the consumer market. True, Bryson's email was a little direct, to say the least, but as north america Marzocchi guy he can't just sit there and let people leak out new info like it is nothing. If you think this industry is sily, check the auto industry.

For a company that sticks to what it knows, rather than jumping on a different bangwagon every year and then claiming to be revolutionary like some company does, marzocchi gave me the solid products that I came to depend on. Their efforts, despite being a little secretive, still are worth the wait. Heck, how long did the Red Pill last? That little time of wait is the least we can do when we are promised somehting great.

Bryson, keep up the good work.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
That Marzocchi VP :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:is about as good at spelling and grammer as ol' shocktower is.. :):):):)

And about Marzocchi products..??? Like all things Italian, resist the hype and buy a superior American or Japanese product.