Quantcast

Publishing

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I've given myself a 2 year project of writing a book. I want it to be slightly different in that it's going to be a coffee table style book with the content being set in the French Alps. Interspersed with the content is recipes for high-end food. In this way it is a cookbook (predominantly), but also a bit different.

Basically a cook book with travel-style articles/photos.

My target market is anyone who has holidayed in France (Alps) and wants something to remind them of their experiences. I don't want to target skiers or mountain bikers, but everyone. In which case, there will be minimal mtb/ski style pics.

Topics include:
  • Hunting
  • Mushroom foraging
  • Wine making
  • Cheese making
  • Winter activities
  • Summer activities
  • Local markets
  • Etc...

I have it in my mind, but need to put it down now in writing/photos.

Any advice on how to proceed? I'm guessing things are different all over the world, but I have to start somewhere.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Cool idea. I will add that to my list of Good Book Ideas That Someone Else Came Up With And I Didn't. It's a long list, much longer than my column called, Good Book Ideas That I Came Up With, which is currently blank.

You should put together a blad with some sample chapters and pictures to shop around even before you've finished the book. It'd be a big help with getting an agent and would give them something to work with.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I've been chatting with a layout editor and we've come up with some good ideas.

Work can start now eh?