Quantcast

Pump Track Construction Begins Friday 11/24

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
It’s official folks. We're doing a pump track... and we're going to start by moving dirt for this bad boy on Friday from 10am - 2pm at Colonnade. (For more info, click here).

This has been a ridiculously long drawn out process, much to everyone’s dismay. It took us a bit too long to find sufficient dirt and when we did eventually get it, it was so wet out that we couldn't get it near the pump track as the dump trucks we're getting stuck. We've recently been waiting for a break in the weather to get a bobcat in there to move the dirt and shape the track but we see no end in sight to the current weather pattern.

Fortunately, Nate and the boys from Fluidride said "F___ IT, let's get in there and move the stuff with wheel barrows if we have to." So that's just what we're doing. It's gonna be wet and nasty out but damnit, we're gonna get this pump track built so that we can ride without any rain.

You're all invited and the more folks we have moving dirt the faster this thing's gonna go.

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
i may come out, although i dont know what i could do to help, my arms still in a cast, any ideas? id love to help anyway i could
Wow... sorry to hear it. How bad's the break and where on the arm? Is it totally out of commission? We do have a power toter (powered wheelbarrow on tracks) that would be easy to manage if your lower arm was in a cast but I'm not sure that it'll necessarily be available as there's going to be other work going on as well that day that may require it. Might be best if you heal first... and I hope you heal soon!

Cheers!:cheers:

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
^^ hmm i may come out and check wats goin down then, i get the cast off tuesday! its been 6 long weeks and surgery. but im off the bike till jan. ill be riding about 40-60 percent till Jan., but no jumping or anything really.

but hey would it be cool for me to go down and admire all the work youve done on the pumptrack?

Eren

Edit: the brake was both my radius and smaller bone.
by the picture below, id say it WAS out of commission, lol.

:banghead: dooo! ^^ howd i manage that?!

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Hey guys, Nate here, sounds like there is going to be a decent little group out there tomarrow and the more people that come the better things are gonna go. I'm really hoping we can get a lot done tomarrow. If it goes as I'm hoping we could have something (first generation) to ride within the next 2 weeks. So if you can make it out then come out and help your local riding, if not then have a good turkey day and come enjoy the finished product. Happy thanksgiving everyone.
Nate

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Good work everyone, we got a ton done today and with some ok weather and another work party I think we'll have a rideable track. I'm pretty excited that we were able to actually get something done enough to put around on it. Everyone let me know what times are best for you for another work party. We need to keep the momentum going and get the whole thing done.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
wrestling practice during vacation
haha, you wrestle

What time did we leave friday? almost 5? It was late. I'm stoked to see it all start to come together. It should be rad after one, maybe 2 more work parties. I think if we get another work party with the same amount of people we should get it all pretty much done, maybe not 100% dialed, but at least ridable fun. Tiki torch pump track party anyone? Haha!

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
haha, you wrestle

What time did we leave friday? almost 5? It was late. I'm stoked to see it all start to come together. It should be rad after one, maybe 2 more work parties. I think if we get another work party with the same amount of people we should get it all pretty much done, maybe not 100% dialed, but at least ridable fun. Tiki torch pump track party anyone? Haha!
ive got 6 tiki type torches, a hardtail and a cast free arm on tuesday :biggrin:

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Damn, sorry I missed the festivities, I guess that's what happens when you avoid the computer when I'm away from work. I couldn't check the RM goings on. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one as this is the main thing that will bring me to Colonnade.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Alright guys concensus seems to be Sunday, and since not many people were there until 11:30-12:00 I'm gonna make this one start at noon. So 12-Dark, things to work on this time will be finishing the final staight, the start ramp, a little more drainage and then hopefully some test and alter time. See everyone out there, if you haven't been out to help yet try to make it this time cause this is one part of your riding world that you can directly influence and help to shape. See everyone Sunday!

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
^^ ill make it unfortunatly because of the snow stevens orthopedic was closed so i couldnt get my cast off, and they rescheduled NEXT tuesday! :banghead: they said surgery's have priority to reschedule which does make sense. . . but anyways anyone have a hack saw i could borrow :biggrin: , ive been in this cast 6 weeks, adn **** its annoying!! :mad:

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
me no make it ill be in whistler w/ the chicka's, next week for sure though. we need to get this done so we can ride. it would be sick if we could get it done in 2 more work parties like nate said.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
We got lights, look for evening work parties soon....
The power source is a long way from the track. We may still have a genorator but I heard it didn't work.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Just popping the thread up, come on out if you can, Noon O'clock lets get some work done.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'll be out there moving rock around 10ish.

That pump track should be dialed soon with all the killer work from you guys, and we're really trying to get the beginner section of trail complete by spring as well.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
got some work done today...coming together pretty well. We now have two rollers out of the berm and then a double/table-roller. Its not done but its actually ridable and fun. Sounds like another work party next week same time, same place?