Quantcast

PUMP TRACK in ASHEVILLE...YAYYY!!! Must read...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
This was in my Inbox this morning from Fred Schuldt at Industry Nine.:

....the reason I'm sending you this is to let you know that we're going to build that pump track that WNC needs right here at Industry Nine HQ, starting this coming Saturday (3/4). I've put it out on the boards to meet around 10:30 - I'll make sure I have the bobcat keys, and I'll probably mark out the loop later this week. I understand if you can't make it because of your new responsibility load, but you seem to have a network that would be interested in this. Directions are posted here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=1612225#poststop

email me to let me know who is coming fred@industrynine.net

So who wants to come? Fred can flat out run some heavy equipment...and this place is right in the middle of town no less.
Please email Fred to let him know you can make it...because YOU WILL come....:cool:

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
tyhe Pumop track was built and ridden for 2 hours all in one day. thanks to all that came out and played in the dirt. Pump Pump

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
BKQuill said:
Pics, We Need Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no.
we all need to live closer, so we could combine all of our trailbuilding energy.

we could be the sitting in the best place in the country for any type of hardcore riding if only......

check out the "noah vid". he's going to need a lot of places to ride soon.

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
I dont think that there are any pics yet. It is still top secret! But soon I am sure a photo jockey will make it out and shoot some. Doug?

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
Sounds good. I'm sure we can find something to do. Let's see, Pump track, bmx track, Swananoa, super secrete dh runs, beer, burritos, beer, and Mini Bikes!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
tomvan72 said:
Sounds good. I'm sure we can find something to do. Let's see, Pump track, bmx track, Swananoa, super secrete dh runs, beer, burritos, beer, and Mini Bikes!
i spend way to much time building.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
we're soooo close to being finished for the year, i can't afford to stop now.

it's an obsession.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
tomvan72 said:
I dont think that there are any pics yet. It is still top secret! But soon I am sure a photo jockey will make it out and shoot some. Doug?

Can't be that secret, there are a whole bunch of pictures on MTBR.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
There's a BMX track in Asheville? I've been to Swananoa more times then I can count. I might have to bribe you with beer to check out the pump track and the "super secret DH run"....

MOTEL HELL, no F-ing way, we were just talking about that movie today at the office, I just dig the garden.....

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
The bmx track is in Hendersonville and has been newly rebuilt. It is a big track and requires a bit of pedaling. Beer will definatley make stuff happen.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
tomvan72 said:
The bmx track is in Hendersonville and has been newly rebuilt. It is a big track and requires a bit of pedaling. Beer will definatley make stuff happen.
Okay, I have been to the H-ville track several times in the past, but not in a while. It always seemed to be flooded or just real wet, it was in a real low lying area if I remember correctly. We use to come up a good bit when it first opened. And what is it with all the NC BMX tracks being in "shady" neighborhoods (except Tanglewood)?

I will definitely provide the beer for a day at the pump track or some secret DHing.....

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
Pump track session this saturday. 10 or 11 am or something. Bring what ever you want. you will have to sign something for safety.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
hey Tom...are oyu guys for certain going to the pump track Saturday? I was going to show a few friends that shuttle I told you about and BKQuill is up for it too I'm sure. Let me know today if you can.