Quantcast

Pump Track Tips

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
So my buddies and I spent the weekend building a pump track. They got the plans out of some mag. I guess there shouldn't be any flat sections of track. the rider should always be going up or down rollers or around a berm.
Its finshed its fairly well packed. There aren't any flat sections
the only problem is the rollers look like peaks of mountains instead of a gentle slope found on a bmx course.
Any tips for fine tuning the track or fine tuning the pump
I can get around it 4 times. Its pretty tight and tec
pumping berms is tit

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
If it wasn't packed down too hard - riding it will make the rollers more gentle. Otherwise you gotta get a shovel or hoe and chip away at it. Do you guys have any step ups or step downs? Step ups are fun to manual. Do you have a long rhythm section - like a 6 pack or something? That way you can do it differently - pump through everything, manual or whatever.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
i dont have any pics but here it is.
Entrance down a short slope into a smaller gravity kicker with a small tranny one roller followed by a left hand 180 1 roller followed by a right hand 90. followed by 2 rollers into a left hand 180 followed by 3 deep rollers (crossing the entrace) then a right hand 90 then a really small table. back to the first left 180 and around and around

how far apart should the roller be?
right now they are very close like half or 3/4 of bike close
ive been hopping over the first roller after the entrance kicker and into the first berm but that is as airborn as i get/