Quantcast

pump tracks

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
my latest project.... my buddy Mark knockin it out:

i love shoveling but, heavy equipment can't be beat when you want to get stuff done fast. it was a blast to drive. took about 15 minutes to get the hang of it. (more pics later when we get it dialed).

yeah, i will never waste time with that Vermeer dingo again.... after using this for 2 days:

still needs to be dialed, but Phase 1 (pump track) took 2 days (15 hrs.) with the bobcat. Long term plan for Phase 2 will be dirt jumps/wallride.

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
a local and shredder-of-the-old-and-new-school-hippie-josh put this together of our spot. atx style pump track. . . . . yours truly in first 5 secs, manual. i'm just stoked to be 35 and still maintainin'. if you build something for the groms and veterans alike, you'll have a cool place to chill. it will be a breeding ground for up-and-coming-shredders too.

Last edited:

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Dude, that place looks like so much fun. I NEED (not want, I think I really do NEED) to get down to Austin again soon.

For my Bday I had a bunch of guys riding my backyard setup. A couple buddies who have gone off the deep end for road biking and don't even touch this stuff anymore were so psyched. The one guy said he would have stayed in BMX if this scene had been around.

I'm with you, I'm all for big jumps, but for some people that stuff is to scary. On the other hand, my big trail friends are challenged by the same setup. Its just that perfect harmony where both groups can come together and have fun.

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
that was some sweeeeeeet riding. How long do you think it takes to put a place that big together? I would assume that a majority of the people riding there helped out.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
that was some sweeeeeeet riding. How long do you think it takes to put a place that big together? I would assume that a majority of the people riding there helped out.
how long it takes to get a spot built by hand depends on a lot of things, so it's hard to say. but i can tell you how long it took us. i started it solo about a year ago, and gradually met people that helped (now i have 30+ riders in my phone that i didn't know before. people come out of the woodwork for sure). so, about 2 months to get a rideable loop. then the next 4-6 months for a second inner loop and upgrades on everything plus transfers.

Last edited:

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
some great video's and pics in this thread!!!!

Ok, so after some weeks of digging in the back yard, this is what has come from it.

Vimeo / 503 Service Unavailable

It took about a month to get a closed loop and now this past month has been used to tweak it here and there and add some cross overs. it looks and rides a lot better right now than in this current video.

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
We built this last weekend at Keystone for the big Giant Bicycles sales meeting. Took us a whopping 3 hours to pile, shape, and pack it. It took another 2 hours to do some fine tuning/test riding.

Pumps tracks are way too easy to build...

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Yeah man, this is just a back yard berm track dude. Thanks for trying to trump me with your townhall meeting corporate sales chalk track but this is just a pump track thread my friend, don't get crazy!!! I've seen your post before, I know you've got some good s**t but these are all just pump tracks. looks good anyway, I'd ride it!!!

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
recent trip to winter park, colorado. the DH runs were awesome. the pump track, not so much....

'skills area':

Boot Camp trail 180 plank berm:

Boot Camp tables (would have been better if they got progressively longer going down the hill, but still fun...)

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
al and pearce go way back in austin cruzer scene ......

(photo credit to ninthstreetbmx.com)

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i didnt make it but here's a short edit, pretty clean looking, from our pump track. dont know what kind of camera was used but it caught some good light. (not sure why it cuts off on the end).

got some plans for '10, several new spots on the rise (bigger/steeper, with fewer restrictions). good times !

Last edited:

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
i didnt make it but here's a short edit, pretty clean looking, from our pump track. dont know what kind of camera was used but it caught some good light. (not sure why it cuts off on the end).

got some plans for '10, several new spots on the rise (bigger/steeper, with fewer restrictions). good times !
that vid does look really crisp and clean! The track looks super fun too, I like the double into left handed 180 berm at 1:07!

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i love gettin stuff built. this is just one part of another pump track me and my bros are working on. city property, fully approved. good times.

there are rollers before and after this berm. part of the 'grom' loop. the radius is "rake plus outstretched arms" long. . . .

this was end of day 1:

just a few days later:

Last edited:

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
New feature I am working on for my pump track. I call it "the bra" its a 180 berm with a big roller in the middle so it has 2 cups. . . .

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
nice to see a well-designed roller consecrated in Cement. Cedar Park TX (thanks to local builder SPA Skateparks):