Quantcast

pump tracks

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
hell yea! I was pretty sure that was your spot when I watched that vid.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
Yeah man! I saw that. probably the best bike check I've ever listened too. And your spot looks super fun. I'm jealous of your freakish winter riding capabilities :). at least digging temps are finally upon us in the NEast.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I gotta get my ass motivated, haven't been on trails since last year, haven't done much at my house.

This is my pump track at the end of last season, it really does get boring hitting the same 5 jumps or whatevs. Need more jumps but getting to old and sore to maintain them hahaha. . .

Lappedrider

Chimp
Jul 20, 2013
NH
Just getting back into riding after a long lay off. Do to a lack of places to ride I am thinking about making a track on my property that would be a mix of pump track and trails. Where I am looking is about 250' x 75'. It goes slightly down hill in the 250' direction and I am wondering if this is going to be enough room to make enough lines to keep it interesting?

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Just getting back into riding after a long lay off. Do to a lack of places to ride I am thinking about making a track on my property that would be a mix of pump track and trails. Where I am looking is about 250' x 75'. It goes slightly down hill in the 250' direction and I am wondering if this is going to be enough room to make enough lines to keep it interesting?
Yeah thats a good area. The long side of my area is about 400' but part of that is rollers to build speed to get into the track. The other roll in has a small step down to build speed.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Day 3 of a pumptrack build in Boone, NC at a county-funded MTB park called Rocky Knob. We just finished it today. It has an outer loop with jumps the whole way around and an inner loop that is more traditional pump-and-berm style.

RKPPumptrack.jpg

Last edited:

NevilleC

Chimp
Sep 9, 2014
new england
I know this thread is old but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed to it especially CMC. This was my inspiration to build my track and it came out pretty good thanks to all the great info and pics in here. I'll post pics and vid once I'm allowed to. So much fun!!!!!!! Thanks all for the inspiration!!!