Quantcast

Puppy toss

Discussion in 'Politics & World News' started by Spero, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Spero

Spero ass rainbow

Rep/Likes:
    2 / 0
    If you spend much time on Digg or various other 'news' sources, you might have seen the link to a video of a US serviceman tossing a puppy over a cliff in either Iraq or Afghanistan. I'm not going to post a link as it's easy to find if you really want to. Anyway, his last name is mentioned in the video and people all over have posted up addresses, phone numbers and links to online profiles of the individual they believe is depicted in the video. I won't bother discussing the actions of the individual in the video but I'm more concerned about the slathering of someone's information all over the web. What happens when this guys family and friends become harassed to the nth degree through phone calls, mail or, at worst, some sort of physical retaliation? I'm sure this sort of thing has happened in the past but who is responsible when innocent people become caught up in an issue such as this? What kind of recourse is there when someone becomes the target of thousands of misdirected (if, in fact, they are) people? I probably know the answers to these questions already but what's your take?

#1 -   Mar 3, 2008

Please register to disable this ad.

2. BurlyShirley

BurlyShirley Rex Grossman Will Rise Again

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 1
    Dont throw puppies off cliffs or convince teenage girls to kill themselves and you wont have to worry about it.

#2 -   Mar 3, 2008
  3. DaveW

DaveW Space Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    102 / 464
    Ahh trial by media in the age of the blogosphere.

We be screwed folks.

#3 -   Mar 3, 2008
  4. kidwoo

kidwoo Celebrating No-Pants Day

Rep/Likes:
    158 / 1,508
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

#4 -   Mar 3, 2008
  5. Silver

Silver find me a tampon

Rep/Likes:
    10 / 0
    Looked fake to me.

If it's not, I have to channel Bill Hicks and wonder why we are surprised that a group of hired killers would exhibit cruelty to animals...

#5 -   Mar 3, 2008
  6. ohio

ohio The Fresno Kid

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 4
    okay, then YOU figure out how to fill my weekends...

#6 -   Mar 4, 2008
  7. Plummit

Plummit Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    All excellent questions, but it looks like the individual responsible may get what's coming to him: link

So, the threats to friends and family are obviously wrong, but on the other hand, all the online furor brought it the attention of this soldier's commanding officers.

#7 -   Mar 4, 2008