Quantcast

Pure Scheit

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
...so I've spent the last week of my life cooped up at home recovering from ACL reconstruction (which by the way has come a long way in the last 11 years.) During my brief sebaticle from work and the public, I had the opportunity to view a new show.

My question is, how in the name of all that is holy did Anna Nicole get her own show??? Does anyone actually find her that interesting. Watching her show is like being struck in the face with a board, repeatedly.

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
I got transfered to a store in Austin. I've been incredibly busy and (ashamed to admit it) kinda forgot about the whole internet thing. Not to fear! I'm back! How's things your way?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That and the Osbornes are two strikes against cable tv.

stevew

mikec918

Chimp
Aug 22, 2001
Virginia
Originally posted by stevew
That and the Osbornes are two strikes against cable tv.

stevew

Cable TV gives us the History, Decovery, Channel and OLN. Network TV gives us The Bachelor, Big Brother, Survivor(SP) American Idol and other such dribble.

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
Originally posted by mikec918

Cable TV gives us the History, Decovery, Channel and OLN. Network TV gives us The Bachelor, Big Brother, Survivor(SP) American Idol and other such dribble.
I'll drink to that!!

Trying to drag my g/f away from American Idol and Survivor is like pulling teeth.:angry:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by mikec918

Hmmm... I've never seen any of those network TV shows either. But point taken on the cable channels you listed.

stevew

mikec918

Chimp
Aug 22, 2001
Virginia
Originally posted by sub6

I'll drink to that!!

Trying to drag my g/f away from American Idol and Survivor is like pulling teeth.:angry:

My theory on why people like you and me Don't watch show like this is we are too self centered. We are to busy doing the things we enjoy like Mountain biking to give a rats ass what some people we don't know are doing. I get enuff Real TV watching CNN and Fox News.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I never watch Network TV [except sports] Reality Shows pFFFT Not, I might watch 1-2 hours per week maximum and thats usually only when the Wife wants company and she has the set on [I can't handle the sitcoms she has on while doing work on her PC at home]. I'd rather go out or if its dark surf RM

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Oh man I agree completely! I watch some sports and the Simpsons on network tv. That is it. I can't handle all the commercials either. Even one of my favorite sports is getting annoying. I was going to time the commercial breaks, and the actuall football game and see what the times were.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Bruce Dikinson once said: "You can sell people crap and make them eat it"...

If it has an add-campaign behind it, it WILL be successfull.

Instead of having to go through the laborious task of judging the quality of stuff (TV shows, bikes, cars, etc) themselves, people nowadays have adds and trends that dictate this judgment for them.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: