Quantcast

PUSH fork seals?

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Anyone try these? I just noticed they are available for Fox forks, and I'm in the market for new seals on my 40. Looks like they are about 10 bucks more than the Fox/SKF ones. Wonder if they are worth it.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Yes, people have tried those.
@TrumbullHucker. This is where you put in an animated gif for me. One where I'm sorta annoyed at the d-baggery of the above poster but I can't really complain too much cause I do the same shit to others on this forum. Doh!

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
- Marzocchi seals were made by NOK previously (who also make good seals anyway)
- Fox had SKF seals before them and they aren't off-shelf (hence black instead of teal)
- Stock Fox fork seals have all been SKF for quite a while now
- Enduro seals are high in friction and I recommend them for jackalope's fleshlight application

I'm not sure why he didn't mention the intended usage but it was in the PM and I like to keep everyone informed.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
are enduro seals shit? the blue ones? i've been running them for alittle more then a season now
They lasted longer but had more friction than the stock seals on my 2010 40. Now that the 40 has SKF seals which are durable and smooth, there's no need for Enduro. Not sure what the deal is with Boxxer seals.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
every pair of enduro seals I've seen has been on a fork with the coating worn off the stanchions. Maybe it's just coincidence, maybe they suck. The factory fox and marzocchi seals have always been pretty good, but rockshox forks are shit.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Fox forks are disposable. When they start to leak, you are supposed to throw them away.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Sweet, anecdotal story time! Guess I will add mine to the mix:

* had enduro seals installed on my paleo-Fox 36 years ago when PUSH serviced the fork. While I felt like they did have noticeably moar friction, they never leaked a nano-drop nor rubbed off the staunchun coating. They seemed like a good solution at the time, given that *ALL* my other Fox forks leaked like a fucking sieve with OEM seals (40, 32, and 36 - but to be fair, these were all very early models). Certainly not ideal by today's standards, as it certainly sounds like Fox has that shit sorted by and large...my '13 Float 36 was leak free, justa shame it seemed to feel enshittened well within the stated (full) service interval.

* My Reverbs haven't leaked anything...sadly, the only thing they've done is work perfectly. Kinda boring really, and I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

* '14 Boxxer (charger/coil) has also been perfect, and far and away the best DH fork I've ever owned. Haven't beat on it too much, so I suppose the jury is still out. Maybe if I send it to Sandwich it will start leaking.

* '14 Pike RTC3 has been superb as well, other than a slight leak from the top cap which occurred after I got it back from a full service. Opened cap, cleaned stuff, reinstalled cap and its been good so far. Hoping/thinking it was just an issue with the cap not being tightened down quite enough. But if it pukes it oily guts, I will grudgingly report back to give Sandwich a validation chub :thumb:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I have Enduros on 1.5 bikes (one side of my Boxxer) and no leaks, no stanchion wear. They do seem a bit STICKshinny. Would not do it again now that SKF are available.

My hardtail has an 8 yo Fox that came stock with placebo seals. Last Fox product I bought...

Enduro Seals dude needs to buy Fox a nice bottle of scotch to say thanks for all that business..

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'll finally add something useful:

Ran Enduro seals in my Marozcchi's for years, 66, AM1, Monster, etc. Never had any issues, worked fine. They usually last at least a season, sometimes two. I'd usually wait until puking to change. No worn stanchions.