Quantcast

Push Gen-2 MX-Tune

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Check out what Push is making now, their own, more widely tuneable Hi-Low compression circuit for the Vivid and DHX/Van shocks..

"Factory MX Tune - Available 7/12/10, Pre-ordering available"

Krispy

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
darren announced this a week or so ago for the dhx/van. are you sure about the vivid?

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
The Vivid's not on the site yet but Jimmy just told me that they designed it for the Vivid as well, they are really into the vivid with the large main piston. There's probably a bigger demand for the Fox so it came first perhaps.

Didn't see the announcement, i was just talking to them and they told me about this.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Does that mean you get Hi/Lo compression and Beg/End rebound with the vivid?

what happened to the WC tune for the vivid?

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA
Very nice, no tools adjustments an improvement, also this reservoir looks like its easier to cnc, i think that was the reason the 1st gen was short lived.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
The Vivid's not on the site yet but Jimmy just told me that they designed it for the Vivid as well, they are really into the vivid with the large main piston. There's probably a bigger demand for the Fox so it came first perhaps.

Didn't see the announcement, i was just talking to them and they told me about this.
cool - as Raingauge mentioned that should give the vivid hi/low on comp and rebound.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
I dunno, that ending stroke rebound adjustment, the adjuster is in the resivoir head.

Seeing as how Push dials in the rebound for a particular spring rate and leverage ratio the 2 way rebound isn't as necessary. I haven't had any issues with the rebound of any Pushed products i've owned. In fact, the Pushed RP23 i got a couple weeks ago was perfect. I didn't change the rebound one click! It takes moose knuckle jump lips, G outs and chatter well.

My buddy tried my shock on the same bike, but with more air pressure and there wasn't enough adjustment with the reboiund knob. I run it 3-4 clicks from full in- the way it came and was recomended to use on the setup card. These are the 2 clicks that feel good to me. One is the choice i use, a tad slow. The other is one click faster which i can see a lot of people liking. It feels good in the parking lot but the slower click is better when riding out of control fast.

2 clicks that work- and are 2 from all the way in might sound strange but that's how tuned-in Push is with the rebound valve stack. Just don't lie about how much you weigh and be sure you have your spring rate dialled before getting it Pushed!!!!!!!

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
I dunno, that ending stroke rebound adjustment, the adjuster is in the resivoir head.

Seeing as how Push dials in the rebound for a particular spring rate and leverage ratio the 2 way rebound isn't as necessary. I haven't had any issues with the rebound of any Pushed products i've owned. In fact, the Pushed RP23 i got a couple weeks ago was perfect. I didn't change the rebound one click! It takes moose knuckle jump lips, G outs and chatter well.

My buddy tried my shock on the same bike, but with more air pressure and there wasn't enough adjustment with the reboiund knob. I run it 3-4 clicks from full in- the way it came and was recomended to use on the setup card. These are the 2 clicks that feel good to me. One is the choice i use, a tad slow. The other is one click faster which i can see a lot of people liking. It feels good in the parking lot but the slower click is better when riding out of control fast.

2 clicks that work- and are 2 from all the way in might sound strange but that's how tuned-in Push is with the rebound valve stack. Just don't lie about how much you weigh and be sure you have your spring rate dialled before getting it Pushed!!!!!!!
yea i've had more than a few shocks PUSHed and am aware of the multi-stage rebound tune they provide and how effective it is. i forgot the vivid's ending stroke adjustment was in the bridge so you're probably right unless they machined an entirely different bridge for the vivid, which i sounds like they didn't.

thanks for the info!

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Well, they would have to make a new bridge since the body is much larger on a Vivid. But i still somehow doubt they will keep the rebound circuit in the neck of the bridge but who knows!