Quantcast

PUSH Ind Fork?

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Darren: Makes a cup of coffee and starts reading this thread.
Shakes head.
Pours Irish whiskey into coffee, reads some more.
Shakes head vigorously.
Pushing coffee to the side, starts drinking straight from bottle.
Finishes thread..........finishes bottle.
Shakes head.
Can i also get such a thread, please?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Darren: Makes a cup of coffee and starts reading this thread.
Shakes head.
Pours Irish whiskey into coffee, reads some more.
Shakes head vigorously.
Pushing coffee to the side, starts drinking straight from bottle.
Finishes thread..........finishes bottle.
Shakes head.
I keep waiting for someone on RM to start their own company re-hashing products from 2009. It is actually a good business model that has worked for products in markets like India.

Woo could buy all the tooling to make a Totem and sprinkle some lightness on it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I keep waiting for someone on RM to start their own company re-hashing products from 2009. It is actually a good business model that has worked for products in markets like India.

Woo could buy all the tooling to make a Totem and sprinkle some lightness on it.
i have 2 joplins still sitting around. at least one of them is in a semi functional state.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
i have 2 joplins still sitting around. at least one of them is in a semi functional state.
my 2006 gravity dropper was 100% fully functional when i took it off after 10 years of constant use with only yearly maintenance. longest lasting MTB product i've ever had.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Dammit I always miss the cool technical threads before they go off the rails into OT.

Someone is eventually going to make a successful linkage fork, I just know it, since it can fix 3 main downfalls of the current forks; binding when subject to real world impact vectors, flexing torsionally due to trail features causing unintended steering, and the cost of the large magnesium lower casting. IMO a linkage fork that doesn't use a conventional set of lowers should be a lefty (or righty) design since its going to be too difficult to prevent binding in the over constrained linkage otherwise. You could make a much more conventional looking fork that solves 2 of the issues I listed above by using conventional lowers with a larger bridge with the linkage mounting between the bridge and steerer, it'll just be quite the engineering feat to package something in the space that doesn't result in a completely jacked up axle path.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
We are not ready to order 100,000 castings but then again why would we have to order 100,000 castings? I can't speak to the German suppliers, but here in the US, there are several companies looking to grow their businesses and are happy to work on a product of this type.

Again, I'm not sure where these numbers are coming from but we certainly wouldn't start off with 50,000 lower leg castings on a new product.
Screenshot_20211002-225555_Chrome.jpg