Quantcast

Push my Fox RC4 or get the Fox DHX2 Coil

CraigS

Monkey
Oct 13, 2012
upstate ny (518)
The RC4 on my 2015 V10 has seen 2 years of use and is in need of service.
So the question I'm having is if I should send it to Push or should I go for a new DHX2 Coil.
I like the feel of coil over air so the X2 Float is no an option for me.

Any experience or suggestions from people with the V10 with either shocks?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Took me about a week to settle on the settings on my avalanched RC4, and then it blew me away, best way to describe it is "dialed". On the ride last weekend it just sucked up all the harsh roots like crazy. So much control and stability. Riding uphill over the sharp rocks. Riding downhill over rock steps at mach 9. The litmus test: In chunky terrain I just broke out laughing while riding due to how it was absorbing stuff and letting me ride through it where other riders wouldn't even attempt to ride the terrain., Push does a good job and custom tuned>oem tune that's trying to accommodate a huge range of weights. There's nothing inside an X2 that's going to work better than a tuned RC4 IMO.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I had an X2 on my trail bike and switched it to a Push tuned coil shock (DHX5, MX tune, kashima shaft add-on, Ti spring). Last weekend I did a back to back ride with the X2 one day and then the Push'd shock the next day (same trails). What I found is the Push shock was more 'controlled' while pedaling and somehow more controlled while descending: the ride down was a touch choppier with the X2. The mid speed valving was also much much better on the Push'd shock.

Tuned shocks all day. I'm tempted to send the X2 to Avalanche to see what they can do.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
you can maybe buy a X2 from TF or PUSH and get it tuned from them.... worth checking what is the cost if bought from them.

Dec 9, 2015
Go with PUSH. Have one one my rig, feels great. Originally the shock was tuned for my Specialized SX Trail years ago. I sent it back to them and had them rework it for the linkage on our bikes.