Quantcast

Push'd Fox 40

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
looks like Push is finally tinkering with the Fox 40 for those that are interested.

Factory Rebuild

Complete external inspection
Complete disassembly
Complete cleaning and inspection of all internal parts
Bushings are sized to mating tubes (Additional $45 if replacement upper and lower bushings are necessary. Requires customer approval)
Multi-step Inner Tube Polishing Reducing Friction
SKF FOX 40 Fork Seals installed
O-Rings Replaced
Oil Viscosity and Volume set using premium Maxima Racing Fork Fluids.
Blue travel indicator o-ring installed
Complete reassembly
All fork functions are checked by technician utilizing a hand dyno
Secondary Technician review of all fork functions is completed
Settings card filled out by Technician and signed

Factory Fork System
Performance tuning taking into consideration rider weight, style and bike model.

Complete Factory Rebuild (listed above)
Multi-step Inner Tube Polishing Reducing Friction
Rebound Piston Porting and Revalve
Compression Revalve
High Speed Compression Load Range Set (PUSH Exclusive)
Bottoming Control Set (In applicable forks)
PUSH Factory Fork System decal applied
$189/$250
http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/index.php?menu_id=39&type=products&title=FOX 40&product_id=99

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Not trying to derail, but what happened to all the Rock Shox rear suspension tuning stuff?
Not sure but it's most likely something about them taking a step back with all their projects. I think they were getting ahead of themselves and weren't able to keep up. I know they put the Fox MX tune gen-2 on hold indefinately just because it was becoming too much to keep up with.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Lol @ the blue travel indicator O-ring. Sounds like they're trying to pad out the list.

Cool to see the rest of it though.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Lol @ the blue travel indicator O-ring. Sounds like they're trying to pad out the list.

Cool to see the rest of it though.
I was thinking the startegically placed push decal was...lol

As far as their fox hi/lo mx tune I think the cost and fact that the rc4 has all that already and comes oe on a majority of bikes made it redundant.
I don't think they caught up to the curve with the new machine learning curve and cost and rc4 flooding the market.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Not sure but it's most likely something about them taking a step back with all their projects. I think they were getting ahead of themselves and weren't able to keep up. I know they put the Fox MX tune gen-2 on hold indefinately just because it was becoming too much to keep up with.
We did bite off a bit more than we could chew in 2011. The changes that we've made are starting to settle in. First it was our RC2/4 Elite Tuning package, now the 40, and next.....well, keep an eye on our facebook page.

I was thinking the startegically placed push decal was...lol
LOL....these are items in the bill of materials for part number creation therefore they end up on the site. Hey....you need them!:D

is this just for fit cart 40's? or pre-fit cart too?
I'm assuming you meant right side up vs inverted FIT cartridge. Yes, we cover all of the models.

As far as their fox hi/lo mx tune I think the cost and fact that the rc4 has all that already and comes oe on a majority of bikes made it redundant.
Definitely not redundant, and something we have a significant investment into. It will be back....

I don't think they caught up to the curve with the new machine learning curve
Definitely not the case! In fact you can see the attached pic to see what just showed up a couple of weeks ago. Our manufacturing division is cranking! :thumb:

US and "In-House" Manufacturing is alive and well at PUSH!

HAAS.jpg

Darren

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I have one of the few 2011 MX-Tune DHX's and I can say, it's not like the RC4. I had the RC4 before my MX-Tune, and the main difference I could feel between the two was that the MX-Tune DHX had a much more supple, stiction-less feel than a stock RC4.

Additionally, the RC4 didn't have the LSC range that my MX-Tune had. With the RC4, I was always in between the $#&% detents on the LSC dial - it was either too soft for pedalling or too harsh making the rear end chatter. The MX-Tune has bottomless HSC, and supple LSC compared to an RC4 and improved mid-stroke over a stock DHX.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
I've been wondering the same thing...
here is the thread on mtbr regarding them dropping the custom built monarch's - they decided to get back to their 'roots' of offering tuning for existing product rather than building products from the ground up. it appears to have been more work and more involved than they initially thought and possibly their core business of tuning existing product was suffering to a degree.

darren comments more on RS product tuning there as well.

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/pushed-monarch-shocks-no-more-783968.html

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
here is the thread on mtbr regarding them dropping the custom built monarch's - they decided to get back to their 'roots' of offering tuning for existing product rather than building products from the ground up. it appears to have been more work and more involved than they initially thought and possibly their core business of tuning existing product was suffering to a degree.

darren comments more on RS product tuning there as well.

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/pushed-monarch-shocks-no-more-783968.html
I've had a Vivid sitting waiting for the team issue tune for a year. I've given up on it and will send my RC4 to Avy to get tuned.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I've had a Vivid sitting waiting for the team issue tune for a year. I've given up on it and will send my RC4 to Avy to get tuned.
Ditto. If it goes >1yr like it has, it makes sense to stop teasing and take it off the site.

I'm sure I don't know what it takes to run and manage PUSH, but having ads for products that say out of stock or unavailable for over a year is a big turn off. Clearly I want to do business with PUSH, but I may just get an Avalanche in the end, or maybe PUSH will start making things they advertise....

MX Tuned DHX or Team Vivid -- what's the story; "soon" doesn't cut it.

--

Lateral - but the damper in a Vivid coil and Vivid air are the same, why no AIR service?

Last edited:

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Darren, you are awesome.
Not sure why...but thanks? :D

Team Issue has been cancelled, although we will still support kits that are in the field. RC4 Factory Tuning System Elite received a significant investment and is, and will be, a part of our permanent lineup.

Ditto. If it goes >1yr like it has, it makes sense to stop teasing and take it off the site.

I'm sure I don't know what it takes to run and manage PUSH, but having ads for products that say out of stock or unavailable for over a year is a big turn off. Clearly I want to do business with PUSH, but I may just get an Avalanche in the end, or maybe PUSH will start making things they advertise....

MX Tuned DHX or Team Vivid -- what's the story; "soon" doesn't cut it.

--

Lateral - but the damper in a Vivid coil and Vivid air are the same, why no AIR service?
We've kept the MX-Tune on the site because there are hundreds of them in the field and because people often sell their bikes where the new buyer is looking for information on the kit. With it not listed on the site we get consistent emails and phone calls asking the question about what they're potentially buying. Having it on the site just generally alleviates that problem. We've continued to service them, we just haven't been introducing new units into the field.

As for the comment "start making things they advertise", this is exactly why we pulled out of selling complete shocks. Our core business (suspension tuning) was being negatively affected because we were spread to thin. When we launched the shock selling program I thought we would sell a couple hundred shocks a year....not a couple of hundred a month. We simply were not prepared for that. Since refocusing, we've systematically revised and refined our engineering, manufacturing, and tuning business. I'm happy to say that we have only one product left to tackle which is MX-Tune. I wont comment on a timeline just yet, but it is in process currently. Once the last pieces are off to Denver for ano we will start discussing delivery.

Darren

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
This isn't necessarily a bad problem to have. Just need to figure out the resources.
Ha ha, I was about to quote that same sentence and say that it gets placed in the folder labeled "good problems to have".

Although, I will add that increasing manufacturing capacity is not always as easy as it would seem from the outside. I've been involved with that challenge in a few different areas, from airplanes to bikes, and it can be a pretty large challenge.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Although, I will add that increasing manufacturing capacity is not always as easy as it would seem from the outside. I've been involved with that challenge in a few different areas, from airplanes to bikes, and it can be a pretty large challenge.
This too. Especially this.

-New equipment costs
-facility space to actually house the new equipment
-validation of new equipment
-additional staff and training to run it
etc

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
When we launched the shock selling program I thought we would sell a couple hundred shocks a year....not a couple of hundred a month. We simply were not prepared for that.

This isn't necessarily a bad problem to have. Just need to figure out the resources.
Ha ha, I was about to quote that same sentence and say that it gets placed in the folder labeled "good problems to have".

remember too that when they were selling custom built shocks they were still reliant on SRAM for the bodies. even if PUSH could keep up with demand on the internals it does them no good if they can't get the parts they needed from their supplier.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Team Issue has been cancelled, although we will still support kits that are in the field. RC4 Factory Tuning System Elite received a significant investment and is, and will be, a part of our permanent lineup.
Now, looking at your site, the Team issue tune is gone, but so is ALL mention of RS shocks despite a Vivid Coil pic on the cover? Yet lo and behold, the MX tune remains on the site as 'out of stock' despite being a maintenance only item on a product that hasnt been made in 2+ years.

I have a recently blown PUSH'd vivid, and I'm hoping this doesn't mean its garbage in that its filled with PUSH guts and RS wont touch it, yet PUSH isn't working on Vivid's anymore?

Please clarify.

Also, if its on the site for just info, it would make sense to label it accordingly (eg a note indicating the product was only a maintenance item and not available as a new product/service) - for over a year, in addition to the site listing the Vivid Team Issue Tune, I had asked on phone, email, and in forums and was told it was out of stock, but returning; repeatedly. Now your statements show me I was led on.

You don't owe me anything as a company, but I would expect customer service and information would be a priority. I've heard that RS QC issues affected the bulk shock sales, but you are a company started on service, and now you apparenly dont even service something you previously did. As with the 'hundreds of MX tunes' in the field, what about the many more PUSH'd vivids that now have no mention on the site?

Sure Im a squeaky wheel, but Im seeing PUSH become a FOX shop, abandoning RS shocks, and I dont use FOX, plus these ads for unavailable products.

I'm very wary.

Last edited:

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Now, looking at your site, the Team issue tune is gone, but so is ALL mention of RS shocks despite a Vivid Coil pic on the cover? Yet lo and behold, the MX tune remains on the site as 'out of stock' despite being a maintenance only item on a product that hasnt been made in 2+ years.

I have a recently blown PUSH'd vivid, and I'm hoping this doesn't mean its garbage in that its filled with PUSH guts and RS wont touch it, yet PUSH isn't working on Vivid's anymore?

Please clarify.

Also, if its on the site for just info, it would make sense to label it accordingly (eg a note indicating the product was only a maintenance item and not available as a new product/service) - for over a year, in addition to the site listing the Vivid Team Issue Tune, I had asked on phone, email, and in forums and was told it was out of stock, but returning; repeatedly. Now your statements show me I was led on.

You don't owe me anything as a company, but I would expect customer service and information would be a priority. I've heard that RS QC issues affected the bulk shock sales, but you are a company started on service, and now you apparenly dont even service something you previously did. As with the 'hundreds of MX tunes' in the field, what about the many more PUSH'd vivids that now have no mention on the site?

Sure Im a squeaky wheel, but Im seeing PUSH become a FOX shop, abandoning RS shocks, and I dont use FOX, plus these ads for unavailable products.

I'm very wary.
As I stated above, we still offer full support for any of the Vivid shocks that are in the field currently whether you're the original owner or not. Because there is only a handful of the Vivid Team Issue units in the field, and the fact that internally it has been discontinued, is the reason that it was taken down from the site. The decision to discontinue the product was made less then a week ago. Because we've had the intention all along of bringing it back alongside the MX-Tune is why you were originally told that it would be returning. We have backed off of RS shokcs, but do offer a complete line of service and tuning products for their 32mm forks.

This is really the root problem....too much confusion over what we do, and do not service. Like I mentioned, we just got a little over our head. That being said, a year ago we put together a plan and have been executing it effectively ever since. By the end of this year we will have successfully completed our goal, and things will be on track. At the consumer level, you've seen the launch of both RC4 and now FOX 40 with no teasing, no broken delivery dates, and no chance of it going away. We simply developed it, built the inventory, and released it to the public. This will be our program moving forward. Now, that's not to say that we may not have small hiccups or delays as we still do rely heavily on the suspension manufacturers for inventory.

Darren

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I didnt see your mention of the Vivid still being supported; but I digress. As long as I can get it rebuilt, I willbe happy.

Let me make it clear - I am a HUGE fan of PUSH, I have PUSH'd everything I have that you work on (DHX5, Rp23, PIKE 454, Vivid R2C2) and will continue to do so.

I would like to see work on RS shocks, because I prefer them to Fox stock or tuned. But it 'is what it is'..

Thanks for the clear, detailed response! I'll be calling in to set up service ASAP (unless theres some way to fill out the web form for the unlisted service?)

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
My only question is: What do these fancy "PUSH Factory Fork System decals" look like...?