Quantcast

Pushed Vivid

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Anyone have Push give some to their Vivid?

Pterodactyl is in the market for a new shcok in his mini man small V10 and needs some advice. He's trippin on percocet right now so I am gonan get this going.

Story:
DHX that came stock blows(not suprised). He sold it, out of the picture.

I'm a CCDB guy but tld him to try a Avy Chubie or a Elka. He wants to buy a Vivid and push it. I think that is a good idea too but it might be more than one of the other options. Any ideas? mention a RC4 and pterodactyl will set you on fire. For real he will hunt you and set you ablaze. Ask Ih8rice about the hate that pterodactyl has:(

Boogenman...you are a good friend.

I blew thru the whole bottle of percs in 3 days. recovering from knee surgery.

If you think about it, adjustable rebound may be more important that adjustable compression. What keeps you stuck to the goround more after small bumps or larger bumps?

So if I get an Elka and it ****s the bed, then what? I'm pretty sure I could get better service from Sram than Elka in the states. I don't see where Elka offers something better than some of the other standard shocks. No dual rebound.I can push the Vivid, have it custom tuned, with dual rebound.

And yes, I will kill you if you mention another Fox shock. I have had a lot of them.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Why not buy a Vivid, install the proper shim stack for your bikes leverage ratio (sold by any shop with a BTI account), and dial it in on your own? And have a two-year warranty from SRAM?

I was thinking the same...get the "C" tune installed. I don't have a doubt that I could do it.

I was trying to save a few $. I need a new fork, brakes, wheels, shock and some other parts, so I thought I could pick up a used Vivid, have it rebuilt and tuned by push, I would be about even with a new one and have exactly what I want.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I was thinking the same...get the "C" tune installed. I don't have a doubt that I could do it.

I was trying to save a few $. I need a new fork, brakes, wheels, shock and some other parts, so I thought I could pick up a used Vivid, have it rebuilt and tuned by push, I would be about even with a new one and have exactly what I want.
Jeebus, dude. Get a whole new frickin' bike while your at it! :rofl:

PS, when are we going to ride, ya gimp?!

...and I am now officially on the opposite plane as you - new frame and old parts, but to stay on topic, the frame comes with a Vivid. I am curious about it as well. Need to check on which tune it will come with.

dhrace507

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Mountains
In response to the first question, I have spent time on a pushed Vivid. The shock I came off of was a Fox RC4. My friend was broke off, so I took his shock. Unfortunately I had to give it back, but I just got myself a Vivid to send Push's way. While I think the RC4 was good, the Pushed Vivid seemed to be more stable and planted, and help the bike carry more speed.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
So if I get an Elka and it ****s the bed, then what? I'm pretty sure I could get better service from Sram than Elka in the states. I don't see where Elka offers something better than some of the other standard shocks. No dual rebound.I can push the Vivid, have it custom tuned, with dual rebound.
then why not get a Avy? the Avy retails for $600 w/ the hi/low which puts it around the price of a new Vivid and Push tune

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO

And yes, I will kill you if you mention another Fox shock. I have had a lot of them.
You can drive up to Elka and have those french canadian azzholes rebuild it in front of you.

I really don't give a fukk what you get. You are still going to crash a ton and disapoint me with your post ride drinking.