Quantcast

PUSHing your Pike?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I love my Pike 454. But it is def due for preventative maintenance. I have replaced the o-ring on the top left side (travel adjust side) twice now due to leaking. Other than that the performance is awesome. Not sure I need anything else done besides a regular teardown/overhaul which I can do myself....if I really wanted.

Has anyone had the PUSH service done to their Pike? Was it worth it?

I've had my Roco and RP23 pushed and it was a world of difference, but for some reason I'm thinking I won't get as noticeable improvement (if any) with a fork PUSH. Ya know? Hence this thread...

PUSH link to Pike service HERE

_______

Also, here's PUSH's new email advert/spam making me think really hard about all this:

"Beat the Spring rush with great savings!

Now through December 31st, 2010 take advantage of great suspension service and tuning discounts.

FREE Return Ground Shipping to anywhere in the continental USA

Extended 6 month warranty to cover you past the winter months

Send in a shock with your fork and receive an additional %10 off shock service

All customers receive a coupon for %10 off product or service purchase in 2011*"

Last edited:

jasonvelocity

Monkey
Aug 26, 2008
Palmer Lake, CO
I have not had the service done, but I did inquire about getting this service on my Pike. I have the Specialized Pike 351 and according to Push, they can bring it up to retails standards (454). I will be getting mine done eventually.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Ah thanks that helps but it was back in 2008?

He describes my issue of needing more high performance when pinning the gnar. When I set it up for "high performance" small bump compliance goes out the door. My local trails are either a lot of square edge rocks or buff singletrack. If I set it up to not buck me on the big hits then it seems slow and packy on the little stuff. Below is a pic of Hooters, one of my favs.

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I pushed my PIKE, the most noteable thing is it seems stuck to the ground, really tracks much better than stock.

Mostly I dont notice it, which is often the best praise you can give a component.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
I think Acadian had a pike pushed. Maybe he will chime in.

Edit: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/RSPushvsStock.html
I can't really give good feeback on the new Push Pike System since my pike was pre-Factory System Damping Rod. Plus, it's been a while since I've ridden a Pike bike as I've mostly been riding Lyrik bikes for the past few years.

With that said, I like that fork so much that I still have it in case I build another 140mm bike. The first thing I noticed when I got mine is how much better it worked on high speed hits and how much better it tracked - just felt much more controlled.

Too Bad RS never made a small Mission Control damper for that fork - even a BlackBox Motion control damper would help. I remember my Motion control spewing a bit of oil depending how hard I pushed it. I also have a coil Pike and the MC on that fork also leaks.

If plan on riding that fork all next year - I say Push is the way to go. I wouldn't hesitate and send it in.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
i just had my pike 454 dual air uturn done with the factory tuning system. I slapped it on and rode around the block on it.
I will report back on it in a little while when I have ride time on it and things get sorted out.

DTLogic

Monkey
Aug 16, 2006
South Fla
I had my Pike Pushed about two years ago for my Prophet. It was well worth the money. I have not met anyone not happy with a Pushed product. I am probably going to buy their new Monarch RT3 for the same frame.