Quantcast

Putting a spike on your hitch rack

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
How, exactly, would that ward off tailgaters?

Don't you think they expect to avoid hitting you anyway, spike or no spike? I don't think there are many tailgaters who are driving behind another car going, "Man, I might crash into the back of this car, but I don't care!" They're thinking that they can avoid the accident no matter how close they drive.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, to be honest, a woman decided to play bumper tag at a red light. It wasn't too serious, and I know my Sportworks left a big dent in her bumper. But a big hole would have been even funner.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
sanjuro said:
It wasn't too serious, and I know my Sportworks left a big dent in her bumper. But a big hole would have been even funner.

Raise it up a bit and I bet it would punch a nice sized hole in their radiator. That would teach 'em.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
sanjuro said:
Well, to be honest, a woman decided to play bumper tag at a red light. It wasn't too serious, and I know my Sportworks left a big dent in her bumper. But a big hole would have been even funner.
Ahh, gotcha. My guess is there'd be something illegal about it (probably having to do with your intent to do unnecessary damage).

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Illegal? What I was thinking was to feed a piece of chain into the rack and attach it to the spike, so whoever hits the rack, has a chain dragging...

Where Ciaran when you need him?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
That'll be real nice when someone catches their knee or ankle on it in a parking lot and you get sued...

A spike? Nice idea...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Or hey, how about if a motorcycle guy hit you....then he dies. AWESOME!

You should put buzzsaws on the wheels too, and maybe a tank of oil to slicken the road behind you...

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Why don't you just mount a .50 cal machine gun on the roof of your car? That way when the lady decides she wants to play tag you can pop outta the sunroof and light her up. Not only will you get her real good, but you will send a message out to everyone around that you are not to be messed with. Major street cred brah.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Polandspring88 said:
Why don't you just mount a .50 cal machine gun on the roof of your car? That way when the lady decides she wants to play tag you can pop outta the sunroof and light her up. Not only will you get her real good, but you will send a message out to everyone around that you are not to be messed with. Major street cred brah.
You are really cruel. My 50 cal does not swivel toward the ground. I would only use it in case of a terrorist hijacking.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I would also go with the machine gun. One must use the appropriate weapon for a givin situation.

Though I find that a nice brake check usually works wonders.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Ciaran said:
I would also go with the machine gun. One must use the appropriate weapon for a givin situation.

Though I find that a nice brake check usually works wonders.
Why brake check when you can down shift and lose those pesky brake lights?

If you go for a spike, make it out of 1.5" angle iron and cut it to a point. Remember, cars are heavy and sheet metal is weak...it doesn't need to be super sharp.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
amateur said:
Why brake check when you can down shift and lose those pesky brake lights?

If you go for a spike, make it out of 1.5" angle iron and cut it to a point. Remember, cars are heavy and sheet metal is weak...it doesn't need to be super sharp.
I vote that you put a barb on the end too, so once it pierces the metal you can hit the gas and rip pieces of her car off.