Votes: 41 48.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Just about every thread PsP posts in ends up going into a Remove your avatar, So lets finish it with a democratic vote. Vote, give your reason if you want, or if you just find it plain offensive and dont want to respond, just vote.

I will be voting for removal, its a racial icon, I find it very offensive that it is allowed to remain as long as it has despite the MANY objections from MANY members here, I agree he is only putting it up to stir the pot.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Just about every thread PsP posts in ends up going into a Remove your avatar, So lets finish it with a democratic vote. Vote, give your reason if you want, or if you just find it plain offensive and dont want to respond, just vote.

I will be voting for removal, its a racial icon, I find it very offensive that it is allowed to remain as long as it has despite the MANY objections from MANY members here, I agree he is only putting it up to stir the pot.
So, you hate gays but not blacks?

Just wanna get my facts straight.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I actually had a little bit of hope for that kid. However, his refusal to change it only serves to illustrate his ignorance, unwillingness to learn, grow as a person and to be a respectable young adult.

The Confederate flag as an avatar and resistance to change it when asked to do so leads one to believe that he is a racist scumbag and does not deserve the privilege of interacting with forward thinking adults.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Because he honahs the valinat fahhters in the Wah of Nahthen Aggression?

Screw him, he rides the short bus to school and then catches it to work at Wal Mart.

Monkey
I actually had a little bit of hope for that kid. However, his refusal to change it only serves to illustrate his ignorance, unwillingness to learn, grow as a person and to be a respectable young adult.

The Confederate flag as an avatar and resistance to change it when asked to do so leads one to believe that he is a racist scumbag and does not deserve the privilege of interacting with forward thinking adults.
how.....old are you exactly?

you sound like a whiny social worker.

I say let him be. Doesn't hurt me, and I'm not exactly of the Aryan stock.

He hasn't said anything to suggest he was a racist, has he? Otherwise you guys are worked up over nada.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I say if the vote goes toward removal, which it is. He should have 10 days to change or remove his avatar, otherwise we get pick his avatar and he needs to keep it for a month.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
why don't we make an avatar out of that pic that got n8 banninated, & make that his avatar?

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
I have never "ignored" anyone on here, so not positive how it works, but if you did take that approach, would you not see his posts, and thus avatar? I agree that the confederate flag is generally offensive, and will note that RM is a business with the right to refuse/amend service to anyone. However, the nice thing about forums is that they generally mimic real communities and can be fairly well governed by the laws that regulate our real communities. Therefore, I think the guy has freedom of expression, and amazingly enough, on RM, you have the ability to ignore him. If this were "real life," PSP could stand on the sidewalk in front of your house, assuming it is public domain and not gated, and hold a confederate flag up high all day. Perhaps at some point it would precipitate outcry and a disturbing the peace citation, but really, he would be within his rights. On RM, you can ignore him and not worry about it.

I find blatant violence offensive. Can we vote to change AMS's kitty/gun avatar? Really, the only reason the kid gets so much attention is because you give it to him. I mean, shoot, the guy asked for his own damn "thought of the day" sticky. Just let him be and he'll fade to the background.

Last edited:

Monkey
Q for ya:

Are social workers whiny, or are whiners social workers?
I'll go consult a social worker and get back to you about the appropriate ways to conduct oneself as to not subconsciously become an element of the irresponsible backward thinking young adults, and contrast that notion with the existential significance of said social workers and raise awareness about this issue which impacts everyone.

do I sound like an adult worthy of respect yet?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
What...

The fact that you can't stand them, don't like them, want them to be 4 states away at least, or are scared that they'll impose themselves and their lifestyle on you?

I'm confused...

Where the hell do you get that??? Do people Not effin read all teh way through things, I have more than a few friends that swing that way, its there lifestyle, there choice.

In fact if you friggin read my posts int eh Prop 8 threads you would know I voted no on 8.

If I wanted to be at least 4 states away, why would I want to live in southern California.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Dude... he's an attention whore. The only reason he's relevant to you is that YOU make him so.

Maybe you guys need to vent your frustration with this:

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I hate everyone. I'm the omni-bigot. Leave it up.
Or the hot girl...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I have never "ignored" anyone on here, so not positive how it works, but if you did take that approach, would you not see his posts, and thus avatar? I agree that the confederate flag is generally offensive, and will note that RM is a business with the right to refuse/amend service to anyone. However, the nice thing about forums is that they generally mimic real communities and can be fairly well governed by the laws that regulate our real communities. Therefore, I think the guy has freedom of expression, and amazingly enough, on RM, you have the ability to ignore him. If this were "real life," PSP could stand on the sidewalk in front of your house, assuming it is public domain and not gated, and hold a confederate flag up high all day. Perhaps at some point it would precipitate outcry and a disturbing the peace citation, but really, he would be within his rights. On RM, you can ignore him and not worry about it.

I find blatant violence offensive. Can we vote to change AMS's kitty/gun avatar? Really, the only reason the kid gets so much attention is because you give it to him. I mean, shoot, the guy asked for his own damn "thought of the day" sticky. Just let him be and he'll fade to the background.

The point here is, that so many people have voiced ther dislike and disgust with it. I am sure if you let AMS know his Avatar was overly offensive to you in a proper and gentlmanly way, he would change it. Just as I would. If my avatar upset or offended you and you told me, I would change it, because its the right thing to do.

In multiple threads now, they have been getting derailed into......PsP, change your avatar.

So I figured bring it into one thread.

If its voted to be ok, then noone give the kid **** anymore about it, if its voted to be removed, remove it.

The rules were listed, <not that I agree with every rule>its an offensive symbol, and MANY members have voiced there opinions on that, and most every member here knows he is only doing it for attention.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Last time i saw PSP, he got punched in the face @ Lower Dominion (diablo) by another white kid from his town and he didn't do anything about it...

The video of him getting punched in the face is up somewhere....

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Last time i saw PSP, he got punched in the face @ Lower Dominion (diablo) by another white kid from his town and he didn't do anything about it...

wasn't that for throwing a stick at some kid? i think i've seen that vid.

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
Honestly I never even noticed it till I started reading people complaining about it. I think its one of those things if no one brought it up it would already have been changed. Either way its only a picture on a internet forum. It doesnt effect my life at all. If the kid wants to look ignorant more power to him... I cant believe its gotten the attention it has. Some people need to find better ways to kill their time... This coming from some who wastes more time online than anyone I know.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
omg where????? :picsstfu:

i say to leave it unless the mods say to take it down. you all are making way too big of a deal of this. he is keeping it up because you all keep whining about how much you dont like it and its getting him more attention.

he obviously is a idiot. the comment he made of keeping gas cans in his car to make a long trip is proof of it.

i find it funny that some people's panties are getting in a big bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.