Quantcast

Putting together my Makulu

chober

Monkey
Nov 21, 2004
Pasadena, CA
Spent a late night piecing this thing together. Complete = 42lbs Frame = 11.75 w/ shock and axle. Too bad won't be able to ride it till the fork gets fixed.

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009
What's the filing for, especially on the drive side?

And why is it needed for a frame that costs as much as these do?

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
What's the filing for, especially on the drive side?

And why is it needed for a frame that costs as much as these do?
I had to do the same on my DHR when I first got it. There was a little lip around half the drop out and the Hadley drive side cone wouldn't fit, had to file it off...
I'm assuming something similar's going on here.

chober

Monkey
Nov 21, 2004
Pasadena, CA
i like how more money was spent on the frame and suspension than anything else. lol what fork did you have originally? did the BOS fork fail already?
Yea lets say the frame and shock cost me about 85% of total cost. Rear wheel I found in the bathroom, front wheel came with fork and rest of parts I had laying around.

They are selling the frame separate now, so it comes w/ frame and CCDB, no Bos Stoy & fork combo. I think I can get the Stoy but it would be a premium

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Preston you polesmoker....have you ever ridden the Foes fork? If someone hasn't F'ed it up then it feels better than your Boxxer, that's for sure.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
oh, and your bash ring is on wrong. the crank needs to cover one of the logos
The second I saw that logo layout I said to myself that there are going to be probably a thousand of people are going to do that.

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
When running correctly, that fork will work PERFECT with CCDB. The damping is pretty stiff but will be great when CURNUTT rebuilds it.

Last edited: