Quantcast

pwn3d

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
My kid told us she was going to "homework club" last week.

Her grades are slipping and she's been grounded for it. No internet, no video games, home right after school, etc.

Yesterday I came home early from a ride and caught her sneaking on the comp.

After I sent her to her room I did some internet CSI work.

Turns out she snuck out to the mall with a boy last week - she never went to homework club.
:mumble:

Later in the afternoon I asked her how "homework club" was going.

She said "fine".

I asked, "What are you working on?".

Her: "Uh...stuff.."

Me: "Hmm...How does the school district have enough money to pay teachers over-time to have homework club at the mall?"

Her: *shocked look of horror, followed by silence*

pwn3d.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Transcend said:
Your daughter's dad is an ass.

:D
My daughter's dad's kid can't be trusted with the internet.
:think:

Turns out she can email at will from school.
:nonono:

That hammer is dropping tomorrow.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
H8R said:
My daughter's dad's kid can't be trusted with the internet.

Turns out she can email at will from school.
:nonono:

That hammer is dropping tomorrow.
May I suggest....

Every child needs a daily beating. And gruel... must feed them gruel.

;)

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Take her cell phone from her! Thats what my parents did, except it was a car, and instead of punishing me because my grades were slipping they put me in therapy.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ciaran said:
May I suggest....

Every child needs a daily beating. And gruel... must feed them gruel.

;)
My wife feeds her (and ME) quinoa. :looney:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Tame Ape said:
Take her cell phone from her! Thats what my parents did, except it was a car, and instead of punishing me because my grades were slipping they put me in therapy.
She has no cell phone. She's allowed one when she can pay for it in full.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
N8 said:
HAHA!!!

I can't believe you feel for "Homework Club"....!!!

:rofl:
They actually DO have one. She just tried to play us - I am ALL SEEING.

Tonight - her room gets tossed.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
H8R said:
She has no cell phone. She's allowed one when she can pay for it in full.
Dude, just cut to the chase and buy the GPS chastity belt that guarantees acne until she gets her MBA.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
The Little Brother GPS system

The Little Brother GPS is a unique and simple GPS enabled tracking solution for monitoring your car and new teen drivers. The Little Brother installation consists of conecting power and antenna.

Securacom Little Brother GPS can be viewed over any internet browser or WAP device that can view web sites. The device is a simple plug and play installation with 3 diagnodtic led's. No settings can be tampered with. Parents can install an optional notification button so that teens can alert parents (arrived at destination/care trouble/rtc...).

Parents can setup alert parameters online. E-mail and SMS alerts when your new driver violates a preset speed or boundry (into or out of an area).

Inputs and outputs: Allows for remote door unlock, notify button, auto security interface and more.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
H8R said:
My wife feeds her (and ME) quinoa. :looney:
Quinoa is that bad...it just needs to be done right...

Prepare it like risotto (with a splash of sherry vinegar along with the white table wine...). Put some lemon zest in with it to cook. Slice up some bell peppers, tomatoes, celery, and onions. Toss it all together and squeeze some fresh lemon juice on it...Viola.:cool:

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
how old is the daughter in question? i know if (god forbid) i have kids and let alone a daughter, i'm installing all the black boxes on, and gettin her a nextel cell with the gps locators all activated. gps chastity belt made by taser as well.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Connundrum1 said:
how old is the daughter in question? i know if (god forbid) i have kids and let alone a daughter, i'm installing all the black boxes on, and gettin her a nextel cell with the gps locators all activated. gps chastity belt made by taser as well.
She'll be sure to be the one getting knocked up, then. :D

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I would be ****ed if my parents somehow managed to get into some of the conversations I have had online. :help:

I would also flip **** on them for having the audacity to do so.

BTW, what is your idea of bad grades?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
.:Jeenyus:. said:
I would be ****ed if my parents somehow managed to get into some of the conversations I have had online. :help:

Yeah...at that age, I probably would've killed you in your sleep had you pulled something like that on me, and then tracked down your RM account for the extended family to see.

I guess different people have different standards of privacy...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004

I told her straight up that I know everything she does online, and she still thought she could be sneaky about it.

There is a long history behind my protectiveness, I took custody of her after things turned bad with her mother. Drugs, abuse, strange men coming to stay with them (dealers most likely) - I pulled her out of a potentially life ENDING situation. She has an enormous amount of bad parenting to get over. Me and my wife (her step mother) are the antidote in all of this.

Bad grades? She went from straight A's to C- or less in 1 semester.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
H8R said:
I told her straight up that I know everything she does online, and she still thought she could be sneaky about it.

There is a long history behind my protectiveness, I took custody of her after things turned bad with her mother. Drugs, abuse, strange men coming to stay with them (dealers most likely) - I pulled her out of a potentially life ENDING situation. She has an enormous amount of bad parenting to get over. Me and my wife (her step mother) are the antidote in all of this.
Ah. Understandable...ish.

Just hope everyday that the Mormons don't convert her.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
SkaredShtles said:
Ahhhhhahhahahhahaha.

I'm glad I'll not have any teenage girls.

Although I'm not sure 3 teenage boys is going to be easier. :dead:
Sure. You only have 3 peckers to worry about. H8R has all of them to worry about!

Mike

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
H8R said:

Bad grades? She went from straight A's to C- or less in 1 semester.
Okay, point taken. Carry on, but if your gonna be really harsh all it's going to do is drive her farther away.

PS, I know you're probibly gonna find it amusing at a kid giving advice, but that is what I have found to be true when problems arise.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Okay, point taken. Carry on, but if your gonna be really harsh all it's going to do is drive her farther away.

PS, I know you're probibly gonna find it amusing at a kid giving advice, but that is what I have found to be true when problems arise.
You're right. It IS amusing watching a kid giving advice. Here's the thing... you will get over it and understand when you get older. Cliche? Yes. True? Absofrikkinlutely.

I laugh at these kids... If I spoke to my dad that way he would have kicked my ass. Actually, he did kick my ass.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ciaran said:
I laugh at these kids... If I spoke to my dad that way he would have kicked my ass. Actually, he did kick my ass.
I would never hit my kid.

I did however threaten to drag her onto the front lawn by her ankle if she didn't get off her in-trouble ass and mow the lawn on Sat.

She thought I was bluffing until I dragged her all the way to the front door. She got the message.

Yesterday after I found out the "homework club" scam? 4 hours of pulling weeds. In the rain.

The fvcked up thing? She would have been un-grounded today if she hadn't of pulled all this crap.

:rolleyes: