Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
blue said:
Did you mace him?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Nicely played.

Actually I snuck out of the house after being grounded. I came home and my dad was in my room waiting for me. He tried to smack me as I was coming in the window. I blocked it and he said, "Oh... you want to FIGHT, huh? Well, let's go!" Whack! WHACK! And there I am at school the next day with two black eyes. Came home and my windows were all nailed shut.

I was a pretty bad kid though... it's a wonder I made it out alive.

Now, years later I understand what my dad was doing and why. Eventually I looked at him and said, "You should have been harder on me."

Seriously, your relationship with your parents will change many times over the course of your life.

H8R said:
I would never hit my kid.
I didn't get spanked after 12 or so. The fight with my dad was a rare thing.

Personally I believe in spanking (I joke about the beatings). I believe there is a difference between abuse and discipline and that discipline can be physical without being detrimental. I also understand that other people do not share my views and I respect that.

I was grounded during my groundings quite frequently. :D

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Ciaran said:
You're right. It IS amusing watching a kid giving advice. here's the thing... you will get over it and understand when you get older. Cliche? yes. True? Absofrikkinlutely.

I laugh at these kids... If I spoke to my dad that way he would have kicked my ass. Actually, he did kisk my ass.
So, are you going to kick your kids asses?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
.:Jeenyus:. said:
So, are you going to kick your kids asses?
If they deserve it, yes.

Though, I am hoping that I will raise them with enough guidance, love, and knowledge that an ass kicking would be a rare thing. All kids go through a rebellious stage, not all of them do things that deserve corporal punishment. I know many people who are damn fine human beings that were not spanked while growing up. I also know some that should have been.

An ass kicking should be a punishment of last resort, IMO.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BurlyShirley said:
That there a people like me in the world would be my WORST fear of all. Ick!
Word.

I remember how I was at 14 and all those 16 and 18 year old chicks I hooked up with.

:think:

Wait, it was rad.

:D

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I'm a fan of the all knowing, all seeing hammer of the gods method.

To the extreme that I end up with a house full 12-13 year old girls so I know exactly where mine is.

My oldests girls grades dropped last spring and as a result spent the next 5 months under my thumb. Do what you have to do H8R, my daughter told of her classmate who is six months pregnant this weekend. 12 years old...

I'm pulling for you.

Burly this is not as cool as it may seem to you.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Okay, point taken. Carry on, but if your gonna be really harsh all it's going to do is drive her farther away.

PS, I know you're probibly gonna find it amusing at a kid giving advice, but that is what I have found to be true when problems arise.
That's the problem with kids today, they now walk all over their parents. Parents are too scared to discipline their children. Most kids today are so inconsiderate and disrespectful to adults, it makes me sick.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
ummbikes said:
Do what you have to do H8R, my daughter told of her classmate who is six months pregnant this weekend. 12 years old...
Yep - it's hard for a teen girl to get pregnant if her dad is watching her every move.

:clue:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Brian HCM#1 said:
That's the problem with kids today, they now walk all over their parents. Parents are too scared to discipline their children. Most kids today are so inconsiderate and disrespectful to adults, it makes me sick.
^^ What he said times 1000.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Jeenyus, if having my kid hate me, means he/she will live a better, more fruitful, successful life, it would be worth it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Brian HCM#1 said:
Most kids today are so inconsiderate and disrespectful to adults, it makes me sick.
That's because most parents these days live with the guilt of being inconsiderate little fvcks when THEY were kids. They think they don't have a leg to stand on.

I don't care how lame I was as a kid - I'm fvckin super-dad.

:cool:

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Ciaran said:
If they deserve it, yes.

Though, I am hoping that I will raise them with enough guidance, love, and knowledge that an ass kicking would be a rare thing. All kids go through a rebellious stage, not all of them do things that deserve corporal punishment. I know many people who are damn fine human beings that were not spanked while growing up. I also know some that should have been.

An ass kicking should be a punishment of last resort, IMO.
If you get to that point, you did something wroooong.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
You do realize she's just going to be sneakier because of you catching her, don't you?

'least that's what I did when I was 14.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Not quite.

My brother and me had the same exact upbringing. He was a total, uncontrollable dick. I was actually a really reserved kid.

He and my stepdad got violent many times, and my brother always threw down first. I never let it get to that point with my parents.

You can be the best parent ever, and some little man will step too far.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
blue said:
You do realize she's just going to be sneakier because of you catching her, don't you?

I thought you were 14 still.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
blue said:

Yes.

I have 36 years of sneaky to my advantage. She doesn't know it, but she's met her match.

It's all for the love though.:love:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
No, you're wrong there. It means the kid did something wroooong.

Like I said earlier, I firmly believe in corporal punishment. So did my dad and mom, and so did his dad and mom.

There are different ways to rais kids, and no one way is the right way. You have the point of view of one who is being raised, which is a very different point of view.

H8R said:
Yes.

I have 36 years of sneaky to my advantage. She doesn't know it, but she's met her match.

Age and treachery!

See Jeenyus... it's all for the love. When I was 14 I thought I hated my parents and that I would just get sneekier, and everything you and Blue are saying. Like I said, your point of view will change when you are an adult, and you'll understand these things better because you'll have a different mind set.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
H8R said:
Not quite.

My brother and me had the same exact upbringing. He was a total, uncontrollable dick. I was actually a really reserved kid.

He and my stepdad got violent many times, and my brother always threw down first. I never let it get to that point with my parents.

You can be the best parent ever, and some little man will step too far.
Of course peoples personality's play into this aswell. Some people will just turn out against what you want no matter what you do.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
H8R said:
Yes.

Ah...see, that's where I had the upper hand. Both my parents grew up as naive molly mormon types, and were not well versed in the ways of teenage deception. Guess I got it easy. :cool:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ciaran said:
There are different ways to rais kids, and no one way is the right way.
You're right about that.
For instance, I was raised way back in the woods, with nowhere really to go, until I was 16 and could drive. So before I was 16, grounding me did really nothing, because I was stuck there anyway, with nothing to do but piss around in the woods and go fishing all the time...

..so basically if I screwed up, I got an ass beating, which I REALLY didnt like, so it kept me in line. I still made horrible grades, skipped school, etc, but Id NEVER do something horribly illegal for fear of getting my ass beat. A grounding would be nothing...

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
H8R said:
Yes.

And you will be thinking that until you and her have a long conversation regarding her Highschool Years when she is grown up. :rofl:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
blue said:
Ah...see, that's where I had the upper hand. Both my parents grew up as naive molly mormon types, and were not well versed in the ways of teenage deception. Guess I got it easy. :cool:
I am an alumnus of Oakland Punk Rock High.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
And you will be thinking that until you and her have a long conversation regarding her Highschool Years when she is grown up. :rofl:
And it will be NOTHING compared to what I went through.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
Ahhhhhahhahahhahaha.

I'm glad I'll not have any teenage girls.

Although I'm not sure 3 teenage boys is going to be easier. :dead:
Of course it will be easier with boys.
You only have 3 dicks to worry about, the father of a girl has MILLIONS to worry about.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I had that conversation with my dad once... he knew far more than I though he knew. No, he didn't know everything but he knew a lot. And it wasn't as "fun" as you think it might be. We talked, we laughed, we drank beer.

Like I said, it changes when you get older.

And H8R has a tremendous advantage over his daughter in that he's done the bad kid thing already. And don't forget that punishment and invading privacy is not done for fun. I would bet that he H8S having to do this, but does it because he loves her so much. It's tough being a kid.. I would bank that it's tougher being a parent. Which is one reason I do not have kids yet. And after reading all this I'm not sure I want kids. :help:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
damn, i didn't sneak anything when i was 14. the 1 time i recall straight up lying, i damn near got a belt across my ass. i believe i was 17, and went to a party in Bum****, TX. geeze, i still feel guilty about that. the party wasn't even worth it, 'cept the chick that started getting all up in my business wearing panties and a bra.

anyway, your daughter hot?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Brian HCM#1 said:
there was an article in the Globe last week about a day spa type thing which catered to girls as young as 4.

:help:

and you wonder why kids grow into brats? how many kids drive BMWs or Lexuses to their high school? the amount of entitlement these days is totally off the charts.

i'm sure my mom and dad would have said the same thing, but i think it's gone up exponentially.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Aw, Ciaran, you deleted the first section of your last reply.

I may as well use the time that I am stereotyped of having a blind, rebellous, attitude towards my advantage. :)