Quantcast

Q. relates to the douche/not douche thread.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I have a question... and let me preface this by saying I AM ALL ABOUT DIGGIN AND PITCHIN IN MY FARE SHARE...

I came across a section of DJ's in a round about way. They are in an industrial park, hidden by woods, and wouldn't know they were there unless you knew they were there. I have stopped in to check them out a couple'o times, but have not ridden there. I have never seen anyone at them riding or digging. It is posted with locals only blah blah blah... and No dig No Ride! I always have my flatty with me and I am always willing to dig. Having said that, I would never show up at a section of trail and start digging without the vision and blessing of the "trail heads"!

I know most of the players in the scene, yet don't know the heads of this set. I do know that the heads that were there a bunch of years back were a bunch of A-hole rejects several of which spent time in jail etc. I don't know if they are the ones that are still in charge, and really have no way of finding out who is in charge.

what would you do?

WaveDude

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
TX
Do they look maintained and not abandoned? IMHO, if not abandoned, go ahead and ride them--but leave the spot EXACTLY like you found it. Personally, I don't mind people riding our spot UNLESS they are messing stuff up and leaving trash behind. If you mess something up, fix it up just like it was before. Don't start digging on new stuff or re-shaping old stuff. Not cool to just show up and start digging w/o knowing what the builders plans are. If they're overgrown and run-down I'd say it's fair game. But that depends on the riding season there (ours is year round--some spots shut down in winter or rainy season only to be brought back to life when the weather turns).

Basically it's a little common-sense and a bunch of respect for the builders.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
brungeman is being stupid he has a prime building spot in his backyard and we are neighbors, he just likes to trash talk and hack up other peoples lipz.

:)

scag

Monkey
Nov 19, 2004
its tough to say...it really depends on the maturity level of the people which will determine whether or not they are gay about you riding their jumps. I dont know if you should ride them and run the risk of them riding up on you jumping their spot....that would be a quick way to piss me off (though my **** is locked up)....but if you show them you are down to dig...it shouldnt be a problem....You might want to just keep checking back until you find someone there. Its sometimes hard to tell if a place is abandoned or not if it rains frequently. My trails will look like **** if the tarps are left off and they are unvisited for more than two weeks.

it may sound stupid, but you could leave a note in a zip lock bag on the first lip that says something like "hey..i want to help dig..call me @ ####"

if all this sounds like too much of a hassle, I would just start a new spot.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
brungeman is being stupid he has a prime building spot in his backyard and we are neighbors, he just likes to trash talk and hack up other peoples lipz.

:)
:huh:

you got me!:twitch:

Naw the more spots the merrier!

PS... Manhattan doesn't even OWN a shovel let alone know how to use one! :/

OH it is on! new trails to be called the"outback" :brows:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
scag, jgill, wavedude, hbfr33r!de, thanks for the input!

I probably have 10 years on the guys that I think are still runnin the trails. I am sure if they showed up I could talk to them :thumb:... But I am not sure I wanna start riding a set without the blessing of the heads.

as far as maintained, the last time I checked they looked pretty clean! I would venture to bet the main line or 2 are still being ridden. there are probably 2-3 other lines that aren't... and if they would like, I would be happy to rehab those to prove my worth.

Manhattan... if you are at work up there, go after work and check them out! they are sick! I sh1t you not. get that damn gin and tonic bike of yours running and lets jump! YOU WON'T!

bring the beer, you're in the clear...

i would expect them to repair damage though, just not undertake a project, unless it was obvious and in the works, ie. a pile of dirt that has not taken shape yet, but in the process of being piled up...

jon, have you been to our spot? you might want to make a trip sometime...

Last edited:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
as much as i hate riders who think they are entitled to my hard work, i'd be more pissed if they started digging without my consent...

Werd! there are enough peeps on here that've been in these situations more than me, so your opinions are of value!

as I said, I am ready willing and able to dig. I just won't touch a thing with wheels or shovel until I get the thumbs up! Obviously the shovel part is self explanatory, but am I being a pvssy to not ride it! I am jonesin on this spot! and it is on my way home from work!

I like to think I am a generous person, and can not wait to offer up the fruits of my diggin in "the outback"! :thumb:

thanks WCH for the input!

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Do they look maintained and not abandoned? IMHO, if not abandoned, go ahead and ride them--but leave the spot EXACTLY like you found it. Personally, I don't mind people riding our spot UNLESS they are messing stuff up and leaving trash behind. If you mess something up, fix it up just like it was before. Don't start digging on new stuff or re-shaping old stuff. Not cool to just show up and start digging w/o knowing what the builders plans are. If they're overgrown and run-down I'd say it's fair game. But that depends on the riding season there (ours is year round--some spots shut down in winter or rainy season only to be brought back to life when the weather turns).

Basically it's a little common-sense and a bunch of respect for the builders.
Much agreement with WaveDude.