Quantcast

Qball in the Fall

Aug 1, 2006
Newtown, CT
Nice - where are those trails? And how did the tires you were running handle all the downed leaves???
Monroe Railtrail. There are a few trails coming off the roadbed that I have yet to explore. Next time, I am down there, I might try some of the trails that go around Wolfe Park and then follow the railtrail down into the Pequonnock River Valley (aka Trumbull), which by the way is awesome for Singlespeedin!

Actually, I am running new Motoraptors and they are pretty good in the leaves. I think the nanoraptors would not be that great in the leaves but these nobbies have some great teeth!

The Monkey

Chimp
Sep 3, 2006
Waterbury VT
Great shots. Looks like fun. Everything up here is soaking wet, we have had snow above 2000ft, rain below since Sunday. And now the snow level is creeping down...
The Moto is a suprisingly good tire, despite what folks may think on "other" forums. I run them on my KM spring and fall, and switch to Nanos in the summer.

Aug 1, 2006
Newtown, CT
Great shots. Looks like fun. Everything up here is soaking wet, we have had snow above 2000ft, rain below since Sunday. And now the snow level is creeping down...
The Moto is a suprisingly good tire, despite what folks may think on "other" forums. I run them on my KM spring and fall, and switch to Nanos in the summer.
I am planning on a second wheel set for my Nanos. That way I can mix and match. I think the Motos will be good in the snow (I ride all year round). My Kenda Stickey-ez were awesome in the snow last year, in fact I never had to go to studded tires.

Nanos are great for the rail trails, which I think I will be riding alot more because my 5 yr old now has the bug. She hit me up this morning for another Sunday ride. What I really have to do is work on this trail near me that she'll be able to ride once I get her used to climbing hills.

Aug 1, 2006
Newtown, CT
The hubs are velocity, too.

Yeah, George - I think you have a Class A operation and I think it would make a great case study for all those MBA pukes who want to learn how to make a business successful. You have the Brick and Mortar store and from what I can tell, you have a thriving Net biz. I think its awesome.

The Monkey

Chimp
Sep 3, 2006
Waterbury VT
Well I totally appreciate the support. I'm gonna make you some serious BBQ and beer when we ride together.
I've been in the bike biz for almost 15 years, in almost every aspect, but this is the first time I have been at the controls. Every day is a struggle, especially when going against some seriously big guns.
This isn't a money thing for me, this is a passion, and the more like minded folks I meet, the safer I feel about the future of our sport.
I'm 1000% yankee (but not a yankee:ban: fan, Red Sox, all the WAY!), which means I do business within my means. Treat folks the way you would like to be treated. We are all consumers here. We all like the same thing.
Now... let's play bikes!