Quantcast

QOTD 11/2: Useless trivia

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
I love it. Been racking my noggin' since last night.

My only guesses so far were the same as Opies, In Cold Blood or something about Mandela.

edit: i would however be most grateful for a pewnsy teeny tiny hint

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
1: Who committed the crime? (he was mentioned in this movie)
2: What is the crime committed? (also referenced in the movie)
3: What movie holds the references.

Now 3 points for each answer.

I'll say that one of the answers given is one of the 3. Follow the format above if you want full points.
1. Yes
2. Aggravated mopery with felonious intent to loiter
3. The Neverending story.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SHould I just award 3 points to the person with one of the answers, despite the lack of formatting things properly and give the rest of the answers?
2. Grifting/Swindling
3. "The Three Shell Game"

I can't find a goddamn thing about that movie, so I'm just guessing on #2 :p

From what I can ascertain, it's a story about a guy who is already in jail, which is why he served years before being tried for this particular crime.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Gnurider has one of the correct answers and gets 3 points (even though not in format):

Demolition man is the movie.

I'll award 1 point for each of the other answers at this point, so you have some salvation.

Edit: I might give Narlus a point for making me cackle like an idiot also.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
No. Nobody does research anymore.

Real life figure, prophesized that he would committ the crime.

SCOTT PETERSON! Movie released 1993. Crime committed in 2003. According to the movie, he was scheduled for a parole hearing in 2023.

gnurider gets 3 points.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Some of us don't watch every sucky movie released. Seriously, "Demolition man"?
i've never seen it. one of rob's clues made me think of arnold and it said on wikipedia that in demolition man he was, at one point, the president. and i just realized that had i read the entire page on demolition man it would have given me the rest of the answers. i just threw out a random guess.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
i've never seen it. one of rob's clues made me think of arnold and it said on wikipedia that in demolition man he was, at one point, the president. and i just realized that had i read the entire page on demolition man it would have given me the rest of the answers. i just threw out a random guess.
You're right, the clue was about Arnold and the governorship of California.

Sorry Opie, but some people are complaining that they're too easy and require no legwork, some people are complaining because they're about "sucky movies" and are too hard.

Honestly people, it's supposed to be fun. If you're not having fun, don't do it, it's that simple.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I wasn't suggesting anything bro.

I know Sly is popular, but that movie seems rather obscure in my world.

No offense meant Rob :)