Quantcast

QOTD 7/25: Unbelievable!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Nobody is immune to scandal in their administrative life. Alexander Hamilton had a had controversy rock his career, and it revolved around something that was considered unconstitutional at the time.

For 2 points, what was that controversy?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
splat said:
What ????

The "got milk" commercial with the radio question about "who shot Alexander Hamilton", and the guy was a collector of everything from that duel, but had a mouth full of cake or brownie or something, and no milk to wash it down.

It sucked. You didn't miss much.

splat

Nam I am
robdamanii said:
The "got milk" commercial with the radio question about "who shot Alexander Hamilton", and the guy was a collector of everything from that duel, but had a mouth full of cake or brownie or something, and no milk to wash it down.

I don't watch Much TV so I must have missed that one

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
robdamanii said:

i think it was a peanut butter sandwich

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Dirty said:
creation of a national bank?
CORRECT!

The States considered this the responsibility of each state, and a Federal bank was unconstitutional.

Hamilton justified the creation of this bank, and other robust Federal powers, on Congress's constitutional powers to issue currency, to regulate interstate commerce, and anything else that would be "necessary and proper." Jefferson, on the other hand, took a stricter view of the Constitution: parsing the text carefully, he found no specific authorization for a national bank. This controversy was eventually settled by the Supreme Court of the United States in McCulloch v. Maryland, which in essence adopted Hamilton's view, granting the federal government broad freedom to select the best means to execute its constitutionally enumerated powers, specifically the doctrine of implied powers.

splat

Nam I am
I don't Buy into that answear!

The natioanl bank was chartered in 1790 (91) But Hamilton did not leave office till around 1795.

( and My Mother thought a Minor in American History would never do me any Good !! ) and you need to Answear my Extra credit question !

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
splat said:
I don't Buy into that answear!

The natioanl bank was chartered in 1790 (91) But Hamilton did not leave office till around 1795.

( and My Mother thought a Minor in American History would never do me any Good !! ) and you need to Answear my Extra credit question !
Well, I didn't say it drove him out of office. You're correct that the affair basically drove him from public service.

Edit: no clue on the bonus answer.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
funkysausage said:
How do you explain Ben Franklin? Last I checked he was never in office.
But he is quoted for saying "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy". And to me, that trumps presidency every day of the week :thumb: