Quantcast

Qualifiers???

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Is there a list of qualifying races for 2011 U.S. DH Nationals and Collegiate DH Nationals yet?
Yes there is a list. You'll find it on USA Cycling website. You may have to search state by state, or maybe there could be 1 list. A quick search brought up the choose your state.

The 1st dh qualifier for 2011 is next Month in Nevada.

dirtboyracer

Chimp
Dec 10, 2006
To race Collegiate DH Nationals, you have to have a school with a collegiate cycling team, finish 3 A's gravity collegiate races in the late summer/fall, and be selected by your school team to go race. Then you get the honor of racing in middle-of-nowhere West Virginia.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
To race Collegiate DH Nationals, you have to have a school with a collegiate cycling team, finish 3 A's gravity collegiate races in the late summer/fall, and be selected by your school team to go race. Then you get the honor of racing in middle-of-nowhere West Virginia.
Uh, that's how it is every single year. You make it sound like there is an excess of work required "just to go race in WV".
what's the difference in racing in the middle-of-nowhere CA, CO, ID, NV, etc?
I'd rather rip loamy, rooty, rocky soil than moon dust ANY.DAY.OF.THE.YEAR.
you obviously aren't from WV, or else you'd be totally excited about racing on some of the most technical, challenging, & highly-touted typical "East Coast" trails anywhere.
I guess all I can say at this point is good luck :thumb:

that's all for my morning rant :)

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Not much will change at all. The only automatic spots in 2010 were to the National Champion and the leader of the ProGrt at some point in the mid summer. All others had to request a Discretionary Athlete Nomination.

Yes, the past couple years USAC used the National Champs results to help them select the team but it was not guaranteed.

Keep an eye on the Mountain Bike home page at USAC for updates for the 2012 selections. I'd guess it will rely more heavily on the ProGrt Series, which is a very good thing. To rely on a one mountain to select our worlds team is a joke, the odds of that one mountain's terrain matching up with the World Championship Course is remote. To use several mountain's terrain will be more of a true picture of the athletes abilities.

I won't even get into the National Champs host venues the past couple years or the future one.