Quantcast

Quamen DH Proto

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
i know this has been posted before in sometime but thought id bring it back. i remember seeing this bike at interbike in 05. Quamen makes some pretty legit Flatland bikes and products, but i wonder how much it costs to make this DH frame?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
People didn't seem to mind that much when it had a Orange badge on it...
The dialed geo part and the non tankish weight might been the reason for that ;) I'd easily choose the new 224evo over most of the bikes on the market now.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
People didn't seem to mind that much when it had a Orange badge on it...
I rode Oranges from '03-'06 without it bothering me. probably because the pivot was substantially lower and farther forward than this one. . . good effort though:thumb:

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
If only someone had a pic of the completely CNC'ed machine the guy here in NC made, it would blow that joke away for fun factor. The guys name was Ralph and he literally CNC'ed the whole freaking thing. It may have even had two shocks. he brought it to a race at Clemson, the equivalent of the South's Sea Otter (better berms), and I rode it some for kicks.

He took it to Vermont and just stood at the lift line for the greater part of the weekend and crowds flocked to it. Wish someone still had a pic. I'm talking every piece was CNC....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If only someone had a pic of the completely CNC'ed machine the guy here in NC made, it would blow that joke away for fun factor. The guys name was Ralph and he literally CNC'ed the whole freaking thing. It may have even had two shocks. he brought it to a race at Clemson, the equivalent of the South's Sea Otter (better berms), and I rode it some for kicks.

He took it to Vermont and just stood at the lift line for the greater part of the weekend and crowds flocked to it. Wish someone still had a pic. I'm talking every piece was CNC....
I think I know which bike you are talking about but I can't find it in google (though I found a bike with 2 parrarell dampers... wtf?)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yep, it was Ralph Nolan and the bike was called the "one off."
It was a little linkage bike like the old school Chumba DH bike.
It looked like an old CNCed Azonic stem F***ed a DH frame and they had a baby.
His proudest moment was when Eric Carter sat and bounced on it at Vermont.
Everybody kept asking him if it was a one off, hence the name.
It also took a gazillion hours to produce.