Quantcast

Quantitative Methods

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Just realized this is one of my courses this semester....what is it exactly?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Really hard statistical math. At least, I thought it was hard. It was required for business majors at the college I went to. I think I got a B in that course.

Nothing like one problem taking three notebook pages to work out. :dead:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Urgh that doesn;t sound fun at all. See I was wondering cause my schedule has me doing a lecture on monday, but than a lab for it on wed. Not sure what the labs will be like.hmmm....thanks though

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
JMAC said:
Urgh that doesn;t sound fun at all. See I was wondering cause my schedule has me doing a lecture on monday, but than a lab for it on wed. Not sure what the labs will be like.hmmm....thanks though
Well when I took the course, it was open book. Thank god my professor didn't think memorizing 100 character math forumlas was realistic or practical.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Wow this really sounds like ti's going to be a really crappy class....

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I Are Baboon said:
Really hard statistical math. At least, I thought it was hard. It was required for business majors at the college I went to. I think I got a B in that course.

Wow, so you do know what I do for a living. Ok, not all the time, but it's a big part of my job. :dead: Why yes, I do hate it. Thank you for asking.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BikeGeek said:
Wow, so you do know what I do for a living. Ok, not all the time, but it's a big part of my job. :dead: Why yes, I do hate it. Thank you for asking.
WOW.....you mean there are people that actually use that stuff in real life?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I Are Baboon said:

I actually liked my Stat classes.
Null hypothesis, t-test, Chi-squared, blablabla... You can use Stats to prove anything a certain % of the time.

;)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I Are Baboon said:
WOW.....you mean there are people that actually use that stuff in real life?
The worst part is that my boss is one of those old-timer technophobes that has me do all the regressions on paper to double check the software.

:dead: x100

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
BikeGeek said:
The worst part is that my boss is one of those old-timer technophobes that has me do all the regressions on paper to double check the software.

:dead: x100
I can feel your pain on that one. I am a mech eng. and have to present all my calcs to the company's insurance rep. for review. Can be up to 200 pg. worth. Once a year we have to do it all by hand to prove our software as well. Blaa.