Quantcast

Quark are idiots & not just "Ricky" in India CS

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
The new logo aims to represent Quark - which users often complained was a remote and distant company to deal with - in its new light, as a customer-focused and approachable company.
Yup, I don't like 'em, but I do use xpress for most of my work.

As for the logo infringement, screw 'em. Quark should change it and pay the price to do so. I hope SAC doesn't cave into any money or legal pressures cuz their in the right.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Plagarism saves time!

Eventually, I'll make the switch to Indesign, but I don't think Quark can lure anyone back who's made the switch.

Who remembers Syquest...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Who remembers Aldus Pagemaker? :)

I'm so old, my first computer (Commodore 64) had a cassette tape "hard"drive.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
stinkyboy said:
Eventually, I'll make the switch to Indesign, but I don't think Quark can lure anyone back who's made the switch.
That sums up my feelings. I am waiting to see what Adobe does with Dreamweaver before I pick up CS. Will they use it to replace GoLive or keep it separate?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Plagarism saves time!
I jumped on the INDD bandwagon when it first came out. I hated pagemaker and INDD basically copied Quark anyway.

Any news on what happens to Fireworks? I haven't been keeping up.
I primarily use PS for print graphics but I like Fireworks for web stuff, just seems faster to me.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
heh - i thought Quark was dead! heh.

yup, everyone I've worked with lately is on indd.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
The one thing that indd was missing for a lot of magazines was a useful file management system like qps. K4's got that covered now, and all the titles at my company are making the switch. K4 still needs some work, but it is a lot better than qps was, much less buggy. I like indeisgn, but I had to get a lobotomy to remove all the quark shortcuts and quick keys that had been burned forever into my brain.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Jimmy_Pop said:
Speaking of qxd in another thread, meet The new Quark Logo. We've been laughing and shaking heads the last couple dayz at work.

their exec and agency can't even get their sh!t right.

my .02, Quark is dying a slow and painfull death. mostly cause they can't-even compare to the power of indd, but this cluster F doesn't help either.

read more here:
http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=12611
Oh jesus! What a ghey generic looking logo. If it aint broke dont fix it. As for ricky... Just level with them next time you call, say something like, "come on, I know your name isnt ricky. Whats your real name". They will either be cool and tell you their name is Ahmed (or whatever), tell you they are not allowed to disclose personal information, or totally lie and stick with Ricky. Those guys are among my favorite people on earth to mess with over the phone.

Worse than all this crap though is those LONG registration codes tha they have now-a-days. Takes 10 min just to type it in, give me a break.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
stinkyboy said:
And Aldus FreeHand! IMO Freehand still kicks Illustrators azz, but is still the lesser used drawing app.

:dead:
I use freehand (have since 1995) and am sad about the merger because I know FH will bite the dust.

NOTE: I still have a syquest drive in my cabinet.

Who remember Scitex Separated image files?
I had lots of Scitex on my Syquest :D

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Oh yeah? Well I still use Canvas. Can you say "miniscule market share?"

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Fool said:
The one thing that indd was missing for a lot of magazines was a useful file management system like qps. K4's got that covered now, and all the titles at my company are making the switch. K4 still needs some work, but it is a lot better than qps was, much less buggy. I like indeisgn, but I had to get a lobotomy to remove all the quark shortcuts and quick keys that had been burned forever into my brain.
I am going to have to get said brain surgery If I ever make the switch. 10 Years of quark every day for 9 hours makes a bit of an impression on those relays that connect your fingers to your brain.