Quantcast

Quebec Province Hills??

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Hey-
I'm planning a trip with some peeps to come up to Montreal and check out Bromont. I'm pumped because my younger brother (a McGilly) has left me a big empty apartment new China Town in Montreal.

So my question;
1.) Is there a hill other then Bromont? I've heard of Tremblant but their website is :stosh: and I can't tell.

1a.) Where else is there good riding or jumps and other junk?

2.) w00t for road trips!

3.) Stay tuned for the NorthEast Tour of Team White Trash! Coming to Canada on July 4th weekend! Yeah! USA independence celebrated in Canada! Molson!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Tremblant is NOT open to bikes except on race weekend for the canada cup. Dont worry you will only need bromont. There is more trails there then you can do in 2 days of Downhilling.

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
How long are you in town for? If you have time you should come and check out Camp Fortune just outside of Ottawa. It'd take you a couple of hours to get here from Montreal, and the riding is great, if you like steeps then you should come check it out.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
He meant Tremblant is nopt opened other than race weekend.

Other than Bromont, there is Mont-Sainte-Anne that is certainly worth it. Maybe also Camp Fortune but I've never been there.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Originally posted by Transcend
bromont is NOT open to bikes except on race weekend for the canada cup. Dont worry you will only need bromont. There is more trails there then you can do in 2 days of Downhilling.

You are being contradictory!:confused:

Where am I downhilling then?

What about Tremblant?

edit: nevermind, saw other responses...

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Originally posted by FlipSide
He meant Tremblant is nopt opened other than race weekend.

Other than Bromont, there is Mont-Sainte-Anne that is certainly worth it. Maybe also Camp Fortune but I've never been there.

Where is Mt St Anne?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Originally posted by Transcend
Ste anne is 3.5 hours from montreal or so (at the speed limit) It is east of quebec city.

Camp fortune is 2 hours WEST of montreal, but it pretty fun.
hrmmm. How far is Quebec from Montreal?

If my peeps and I come up sometime between 7/1/04 - 7/5/04 are we going to run into any Canadian holidays that would shut the mountain? Do lifts run during the week?

I am asssssimilating dataaaa

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by Tame Ape

If my peeps and I come up sometime between 7/1/04 - 7/5/04 are we going to run into any Canadian holidays that would shut the mountain? Do lifts run during the week?

about 3 hours, maybe 2.5 if you drive fast. Ste Anne is about 30-35 mins past quebec city itself.

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal

Quebec is 2.5h-3h from montreal, about 45min longer if you go directly to mt-st-annne...
Bromont and mt st-anne are open weeks and weekend at that time(lifts). canada day is july 1st but mountains are open that day.

if you want to do some tourist visit, Quebec city is one of the nicest town to do that...it's also a nice city to ride some urban, just watch for the cops!

until last year there was also Vallée Pruneau wich was a freeride/dh mountain near 3 rivieres, one of the smallest but nicest place i've ridden, but today they announce that they are not opening this year...taht suck!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
What is 'Poutine'?

Is there a Bromont for freeriding?

Will I be able to test ride Zedro's bike?

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Ya there s some sweet urban defenetly hit up the olympic stuadim ( take metro pie ix) there s also woodland dirt jumps and montreal west dj's super sweet spots!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
What is 'Poutine'?

Is there a Bromont for freeriding?

Will I be able to test ride Zedro's bike?
If you ever go to Ste-Anne make sure to have a local guide you to the cool trails, map aint worth shiet!

Bromont is cool.

We used to have VallePruneau for NorthShore style riding, but it seems it won't be open this year due to financial difficulties.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Ya this year it snot gona open sucks thow that place was killer!

Poutine is gods gift to us!

Macdonald

Chimp
Oct 28, 2003
ACTUALLY, Tremblant will be open this year. I live there and IntraWest said that they would be open on week-ends and maybe all week long if there is enought people.

The close of Tremblant was due to riders that didn't appreciate much that they was closing the chairlift when there was rain. So, one day, the riders became angry, they broke glasses and did alot of vandalism(sp?).

Tremblant didn't accept this so they closed but, with a lot of petitons, we convinced them to open again.

I hope they will keep their promise and open the mountain every days. There will also be a special week in june ( I don't remember when ) that they will open thursday, friday, saturday and sunday for only 45$CAD.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I herd tremblan is always oepn eccept you gotta walk up your bike they keep the lifts close...thats wat i herd thow.

Macdonald

Chimp
Oct 28, 2003
Yeah, for now, the lifts are closed and you need to walk to the top with your bike. They plan on openning only like 10 tracks but thoses are expert track :cool:

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
@ zebdeo cou d i see a pic of your bike...

for vallee Pruneau...

May 05, 2004]
Conflict with partners and rising costs of operation cited
Source: Vallee Pruneau

Press release - Vallee Pruneau mountain bike resort

Vallee Pruneau mountain bike resort wants to inform you that due to the situation we are currently facing, we are unable to continue operating. A conflict with the actual business partners is ongoing, and we are working to reach a point where this revolutionary project, which already proved its viability, can overcome these issues.

A team of passionate [workers and volunteers] was able to support Vallee Pruneau for the last 3 years. Unfortunately, some of our business partners do not share our vision of the sport. This leads to an issue with the development of the project, and the future of the mountain. Our goal was to create a prominent resource in Quebec not only for freeriding, but also for North Shore, cross-country, downhill, and dirt jumping, and to integrate everything in a friendly spirit. We built a place where mountain bikers had a great opportunity and atmosphere to ride any style they wanted.

The development of this sport has a social implication and does not only affect the private sector. It’s currently very hard for this sport to evolve with so many opposing forces, such as high insurance costs, operation costs, trail development and maintenance costs, volunteers’ availabilities, land manager approval, etc.

I want to deeply thank all my collaborators, the volunteers, riders, industry representatives and all the others that made this dream come true.

Martin Lanouette
Mountain bike passionate, Vallee Pruneau president

P.S. Despite the current situation, we continue to believe in the potential of this under-developed mountain, but not at any price. Keep an eye open. ;o)

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Originally posted by zedro
only if you buy me a poutine....:drool:
That really depends. I hear americans have to apply for a cultural license to buy that stuff. Damn mounties!