Queens of the Stone Age

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
H8R said:
Where was that?
Preimer (priemer? i can't spell.)

it's a newwer club so unless you've been up here in the last year or so you prolly haven't played there. it's a few blocks south of the sports stadiums.

It's actually a decent club. pretty large with no visual obstructions on the main floor. then there is a side section that is a few feet higher and is the bar area. it's an all ages place... the side section allows for better stage viewing but the sound isn't as good there due to some windows.

they have some HUGE bouncers...... :oink:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
pnj said:
Preimer (priemer? i can't spell.)

it's a newwer club so unless you've been up here in the last year or so you prolly haven't played there. it's a few blocks south of the sports stadiums.

It's actually a decent club. pretty large with no visual obstructions on the main floor. then there is a side section that is a few feet higher and is the bar area. it's an all ages place... the side section allows for better stage viewing but the sound isn't as good there due to some windows.

they have some HUGE bouncers...... :oink:
Ah.

We played at Neumos a few months ago. MUCH better than the older Moe's.

But anything is better than Rkcndy. I hated that place.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
ahahaha! the show tonight should be hysterical. Motley Crue put on an awesome show by the way...I know they're not as 'core' and obscure as you like, but it was a great show and a good time!
Please tell me you drink a lot. It would make your version of a good time seem a lot easier to swallow if your constantly tanked.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Westy said:
Please tell me you drink a lot. It would make your version of a good time seem a lot easier to swallow if your constantly tanked.
Oh yeah we'll get tanked tonight for sure. But then again, I'm not an uptight asshole...I can have a good time at an insurance seminar...lifes what you make it...I just choose not to be dour and snooty all the time! I'd hate to think what it takes to entertain YOU and narlus! :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
Oh yeah we'll get tanked tonight for sure. But then again, I'm not an uptight asshole...I can have a good time at an insurance seminar...lifes what you make it...I just choose not to be dour and snooty all the time! I'd hate to think what it takes to entertain YOU and narlus! :D

If it comes down to music I am usually hard to please, I just hate bad music really loud so people can't hear you make fun of the morons around you. I used to go to this crappy bar, me and the ex would taunt the crappy band that played there. It was in good fun, we'd yell nasty things they'd flip us off. We'd always buy them beers after the show. At some point they actually got good and we saw them at a club, made our way to the front and screamed **** at them. I think they got a kick out of it, people around us got pissed though.

Other than that I can have fun anywhere they serve beer.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dh girlie said:
O..I just choose not to be dour and snooty all the time!
Actually, being dour and snooty is alot of fun.

dh girlie said:
I'd hate to think what it takes to entertain YOU and narlus! :D
Motley Crue's heads on sticks?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Westy said:
If it comes down to music I am usually hard to please, I just hate bad music really loud so people can't hear you make fun of the morons around you. I used to go to this crappy bar, me and the ex would taunt the crappy band that played there. It was in good fun, we'd yell nasty things they'd flip us off. We'd always buy them beers after the show. At some point they actually got good and we saw them at a club, made our way to the front and screamed **** at them. I think they got a kick out of it, people around us got pissed though.

Other than that I can have fun anywhere they serve beer.
I like Motley Crue's music...I thought they were a great band. For a bunch of old f'ers they sure put on a kick ass show. In fact, I'm going to Vegas for my birthday in October, and they are playing the Joynt...I'm sooo there! Y&T wasn't a crappy band either...by today's standards...yeah...but back in the day they were awesome. I like going to the throwback shows...they are GREAT. The Poison, Cinderella, Winger, and Faster Pussycat show was by far the craziest crap I've ever seen crowd wise. There was this fat chick in a hot pink spandex mini dress with big cut outs on the sides...her fat was literally oooozing from the holes. I'm talkin fat like probably pushin 250 pounds. And the dudes...the dudes were hysterical. I will take my camera tonight and get some pictures...I should rat my hayer and wear lots of black eyeliner...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:

BTW were you calling me an uptite asshole. I'll admit to being an asshole but I take offense at the uptite part.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
I like Motley Crue's music...I thought they were a great band. For a bunch of old f'ers they sure put on a kick ass show. In fact, I'm going to Vegas for my birthday in October, and they are playing the Joynt...I'm sooo there! Y&T wasn't a crappy band either...by today's standards...yeah...but back in the day they were awesome. I like going to the throwback shows...they are GREAT. The Poison, Cinderella, Winger, and Faster Pussycat show was by far the craziest crap I've ever seen crowd wise. There was this fat chick in a hot pink spandex mini dress with big cut outs on the sides...her fat was literally oooozing from the holes. I'm talkin fat like probably pushin 250 pounds. And the dudes...the dudes were hysterical. I will take my camera tonight and get some pictures...I should rat my hayer and wear lots of black eyeliner...
Takes pics and post. I love watching people make charicatures of themselves.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Westy said:
Takes pics and post. I love watching people make charicatures of themselves.
Oh hell yeah...I can't wait to see the outfits. Once at an old headbanger show at this huge amphitheater here, there was this guy in the bar and he had on tight ripped up jeans tucked into his boots...the cowboy boots that are black on the leg, but white and gray snakeskin on the foot...and he saw ANOTHER dude with the SAME boots, also with skin tight torn jeans, but he had some bright blue spandex bike shorts under his, and the first dude ran over to him and he was all DUDE!! DUDE!!! we have the SAME BOOTS! HAHAHAHA! I just busted out laughing...it's like DUDES...a LOT of guys have those boots on here!!! HAHAHAH!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dh girlie said:
hmmm...yes, I could see a no name drummer being all dour and snooty over a band like Motley Crue...hehehehe...JUST kidding!

I'd rather be obscure than a whiney reality show bitch like Tommy Lee.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i find it funny that perceived elitism is being mistaken as being uptight.

btw, the mogwai cd i'm listening to right now kills crüe members on contact.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
i find it funny that perceived elitism is being mistaken as being uptight.

btw, the mogwai cd i'm listening to right now kills crüe members on contact.
BTW Narlus, if you'd like, I can send you every rejected demo CD we get for Neurot Recordings. Every couple months we get together and have a "demo derby". You would not BELIEVE some of this stuff.

Actually some of it that comes through is pretty good. Not our cup of tea, but pretty cool. Just not right for the label. (we do stuff like Zeni Geva, Oxbow, noise, ambient, etc..)

Let me know and I can collect as we go.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
H8R said:
I'd rather be obscure than a whiney reality show bitch like Tommy Lee.

obscure...that means concealing or hiding...I think you meant...no name...can't make it...can't get a real gig...HAHAHAHAH...I'm just kidding...millions of dollars and being a huge star isn't for everyone...hahaha...really seriously, though...I am kidding...you have to admit...it WAS funny! :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dh girlie said:
obscure...that means concealing or hiding...I think you meant...no name...can't make it...can't get a real gig...HAHAHAHAH...I'm just kidding...millions of dollars and being a huge star isn't for everyone...hahaha...really seriously, though...I am kidding...you have to admit...it WAS funny! :D
I played professionally for years, but road life is hard on families.

Faced with that:

A) be a sell-out
B) Work a job and be home for the family, but never ever put out a record that would dissapoint the people who listen to us.

B.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
H8R said:
I played professionally for years, but road life is hard on families.

Faced with that:

A) be a sell-out
B) Work a job and be home for the family, but never ever put out a record that would dissapoint the people who listen to us.

B.

Whatever...as I said I was just messing around...no offense...if I really meant it I wouldn't have said it...

and I could really care less what anyone thinks of the music I like...I could say a lot about the music people say that like, but I don't...my opinion is...just because it is some obscure band...doesn't necessarily make it any better than a justin timberlake cd...not that I listen to JT, just sayin...I don't understand why people have to be dicks and insult people on what they like...wtf does anybody else care what anyone else listens to?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dh girlie said:
Whatever...as I said I was just messing around...no offense...if I really meant it I wouldn't have said it...

and I could really care less what anyone thinks of the music I like...I could say a lot about the music people say that like, but I don't...my opinion is...just because it is some obscure band...doesn't necessarily make it any better than a justin timberlake cd...not that I listen to JT, just sayin...I don't understand why people have to be dicks and insult people on what they like...wtf does anybody else care what anyone else listens to?
I've seen so much crap in the music industry though, I mean really, really lame people. The same people who put out bad music are often just as unpleasant to be around in my experience.

I don't care about the music, I just can't stand ego-maniacs.

Hence the Tommy Lee comment. I loved his drumming back in the day, but godamn what a little bitch he's become.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
H8R said:
I've seen so much crap in the music industry though, I mean really, really lame people. The same people who put out bad music are often just as unpleasant to be around in my experience.

I don't care about the music, I just can't stand ego-maniacs.

Hence the Tommy Lee comment. I loved his drumming back in the day, but godamn what a little bitch he's become.

I don't know him personally, but he's still a bad ass drummer...and I still think it's dick for people to insult other people because of what they listen to...as the great Mike Muir said...just cuz you don't like it don't mean it ain't any good. And as I said...just cuz a band is obscure doesn't automatically make them good...and just cuz one listens to them...doesn't make them any better than anyone else...on that note...I'm gonna go home and get ready to go see Y&T and all the throwbacks at the show! I'll definitely post some pictures next week of the crowd! Y'all have a good weekend!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
I don't understand why people have to be dicks and insult people on what they like...wtf does anybody else care what anyone else listens to?
or what movies they watch? check yr sig, bee-yotch. :D :D :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dh girlie said:
I'll definitely post some pictures next week of the crowd! Y'all have a good weekend!
Make sure you get a pic of a peacock feather roach clip.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
THAT is in good fun...if I really thought loco-gringo was a tool for watching that movie, I'd just say **** about him behind his back, c**t! hahaha@!

oh...and HE admitted he watched it...I honestly thought with that admission, he wanted it all over rm...
so how is my public prodding "uptight" and "elitist" and yours in in good fun? :oink:

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
I liked QOTSA music better, but throw rag(opening band) put on a better show. So I liked them both equally :) An interesting show is as important as good music to me. The washboard(radiator?)/cowbell/horn guy for throw rag is my new hero. That guy was rocking seriously hard and you couldnt help but enjoy watching the guy freak out onstage. The lead losing his pants for the last song and waving his ding dong in everybodys face might have been a little much, but as SKookes said- that dude is having fun.
Took lots of pics of Queens but they didnt move around much(with the exception of the drummer who looked like he would kill you if he got even just a little chance banging the crap out of the drums) so they all pretty much look the same, which was sad because the light was good for action stuff.
Skookes- pm me your addy and I will send off the moolah. The heat, uninteresting performance and being exhausted from this past week took its toll on me and I left after little sister.
Josh looks like he belongs on the back of a john deere tractor and not a rockstar haha.

Joey Castillo Drum monster

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
derekpearson said:
The washboard(radiator?)/cowbell/horn guy for throw rag is my new hero. That guy was rocking seriously hard and you couldnt help but enjoy watching the guy freak out onstage.
Aha yah i've never seen anyone put a microphone inbetween his man-boobs on stage.

derekpearson said:
The lead losing his pants for the last song and waving his ding dong in everybodys face might have been a little much
i ran into the guy on my way out, i got out of there a few minutes before everyone because i knew what their closing song was gonna be, anyways... i stopped and congratted him real quick on a cool show, but maybe it was because i just wanted to appease him and get out of there quickly before he stripped down and waved his ding dong in my face?

oh and about the 3 bucks, if you see Oly before i do just make sure you buy him a taco and we'll be square ya dig. :thumb:
i had a good time man thanx. :D

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Skookum said:
Aha yah i've never seen anyone put a microphone inbetween his man-boobs on stage.

i ran into the guy on my way out, i got out of there a few minutes before everyone because i knew what their closing song was gonna be, anyways... i stopped and congratted him real quick on a cool show, but maybe it was because i just wanted to appease him and get out of there quickly before he stripped down and waved his ding dong in my face?

oh and about the 3 bucks, if you see Oly before i do just make sure you buy him a taco and we'll be square ya dig. :thumb:
i had a good time man thanx. :D
no prob skookes and I dig

a few more photos

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
H8R said:
BTW Narlus, if you'd like, I can send you every rejected demo CD we get for Neurot Recordings. Every couple months we get together and have a "demo derby". You would not BELIEVE some of this stuff.

Actually some of it that comes through is pretty good. Not our cup of tea, but pretty cool. Just not right for the label. (we do stuff like Zeni Geva, Oxbow, noise, ambient, etc..)

Let me know and I can collect as we go.
i got more music comin' at me at all angles than i can reasonably handle, but thanks for the offer. oxbow is some good stuff. caught zeni geva about 10 years ago. hair flyin' everywhere.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
caught zeni geva about 10 years ago. hair flyin' everywhere.
Heh. KK Null is a shaved kid now.

Ever seen Oxbow? (You'd remember. In fact, it'd be burned-in)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
never did see oxbow, but i did get a compressed copy of their "adult-styled" sleeved release which included all the jpgs. was that oxxxbow?