Quantcast

Question, 888 RC2X VA adjustments.

adadaead

Chimp
Jan 18, 2008
Utah
Hello, i'm new to the forums, so i don't know if this type of disscussion has ever taken place.
I just upgraded to a 2007 888 RC2X suspension, it has four adjustments on it. I somewhat know what the rebound and preload adjustments do, but not so sure about the high speed compression (top left stanchion) and low speed compression (buttom right stanchions). Can anyone explain what those adjustment do, but most importanly how can they be implemented on different trails, loose dirt, hardpack dirt, rocks, gravel and dh type trails with drops and whatnot. I weight 150. Thanks for the help

Cult Hero

Chimp
Dec 28, 2007
Santa Barbara
I think you have it backwards, but not sure. I use the adj on the back of the stanchion for compression damping at end of stroke, meaning the big hits it stops it from bottoming out. I use the other one for compression damping on the rest. I personally can't tell toooo much difference and it is difficult to test the high speed comp without racking yourself. I use the comp adjustments and rebound damping and oil height more.

adadaead

Chimp
Jan 18, 2008
Utah
Maybe i did get it backwards. So basicly does compression damping makes the springs stiffer? One adj. at the end of stroke the other at the beggining? I haven't tested the fork is it true it makes soft bumps dissapear. My last fork was very sensitive, so it would vibrate the hell out of my hands.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
You actually got it ok. Top is high, bottom is low speed. Use high speed compression for high speed bumps (Big rocks, roots, maybe jumps) and low speed for sensitivity on smaller stuff [ie. you controll the marz butter by this](try not to make it to low as the fork will lose stability)

-Danno-

Chimp
Jan 31, 2006
That HSC (top left) really only does something during the last (bottom) couple inches of travel. You can feel this if you pull the top cap and pump the rod up and down. Most use it as a bottom out control. I used to run it one turn from fully in, but now only about half way. For huge hucks crank it all the way in (CW).

The LSC does act through the whole stroke. It helps a lot with fork dive. I run it 4 to 5 clicks in from all the way out (CCW).

For DH I'd run HSC all the way open (CCW) and LSC maybe only a couple clicks in from fully open. Some LSC helps with overall stability.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
ccw - counter clockwise
cw - clockwise

Preload - set to achieve correct sag height if can you need different spring weight
Rebound - personal preference starting point i use is 1-2 clicks past when you can feel the fork topping out when you pull the front up like for a wheelie or something
HSC (top left) - 5 clicks from all the way out
LSC (bottom ) - i generally run this fully open, i prefer very good small bump sensitivity over controlling fork dive under braking