Quantcast

question about bike shops in tahoe

kobidge

Chimp
Sep 30, 2005
foster city, ca
i'm going up to tahoe on sunday for a one day trip to hit up some trails near my parents condo in truckee, and while i'm up there i want to try and buy some knee/shin & elbow pads. can somebody recommend to me a shop in that area that carries a good selection of body armor? i'm looking for the slip on kind (yes i know it will get hot.)

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
you might have a hard time finding shops that have a decent selecton of armor, or anything non-xc for that matter. the back country in truckee might have some 661 or fox stuff. i always go to olympic in tahoe city but i'm not sure what they have in stock for armor. call first before you waste the gas.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
Go to cyclepaths in truckee (on donner pass road by the Napa Auto Parts Store). They're the best DH store in the whole tahoe area. They should have plenty of pads (race face, 661, fox, and maybe dainese if they have gotten any in yet). For an adress check out the websight www.cyclepaths.com and be sure to choose the truckee location.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
kinda forgot about that one since it's so small but the last time in there they didn't seem to have a whole lot of DH gear either.